WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question trail name(s)-coming up with one.

how did you guys come up with your trail names? was it hard, easy? did someone give it to you?

I have never had a nickname in school, everyone has always called me by my last name, its like nicknames of anysort just dont stick with me, maybe i have one of those personalities where nothing quite describes me or i dont do anything super sigificant that would stick out enough to merit being called by it.
    but i just for the life of me cannot come up with a trail name for myself! i need inspiration or ideas. maybe even a random word generator! lol

so how did all of you come up with or earn your names for your 2011 hike?

I think you should wait until someone bestows one upon you. It'll be more fun that way...for us.

You can always pretend it didn't happen and wait for the next one if it's too bad. That's what I did.

so whats your trailname? is it "rick500" and how/why did you get it?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rick500 View Post
    I think you should wait until someone bestows one upon you. It'll be more fun that way...for us.
    Agreed. Mine was given to me. Its better to have one given by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by crazystick View Post
    how did you guys come up with your trail names? was it hard, easy? did someone give it to you?
    gave it to myself. it's what i is

Images

Someone gave it to me.

Someone gave me my name after several failed attempts at water crossings in St. Mary's Wilderness. He said he had never seen anyone move quite like that!
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by crazystick View Post
    so whats your trailname? is it "rick500" and how/why did you get it?
    Well, since you asked first one was "The Colonel"... I didn't go for that one; second one was "Reflecto" which kind of amuses me, but...we'll see what comes along next.

just stuck ski on the end of my name. not polish. never ski.
    matthewski

Images

Mine's pretty obvious. My daughter is Soggy Feet. I think she wants a new one though.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Images

I was hiking in the Schwarzwald near Freiburg Germany back in '05 when a few Army buddies and I decided to check out the local red light district.

As we explored the Brothels we ran into a beautiful young lady who said, in her broken english, she was from Romania. After talking to her a bit I turned to say something to my buddy Brandon when all of a sudden i felt a hand down my pants. Now my first instinct was to pull away but the hand had a firm grip on my twins. I turned and told the young Romanian lady that she owed me 5 euros for cop and feel she just had.

Well she laughed and said "Big. Uh uh uh POMMES!". Now i had no idea what she was saying but she kept saying "Big POMMES!". After a while she walked over and said something to one of her associates.

She came back and looked me dead in the eyes and said "Big POMMES! POTATOES!"
    Apparently Pommes means Potatos and she was commenting on the large size of my bouncing boys. So for ever more i was known as Big Pommes! Which is funny when they call me that around my wife whom has no idea why they call me that.

The End.

Images

Default You don't need a trail name!

My parents gave me the name that appears on my birth certificate. It worked just fine on the A.T. and it still serves me well after almost 50 years of use.

One of my hiking freaks - er, friends, tried to christen me Rabid Chipmunk, then on another hike it was Wacky Woodchuck.

I'm waiting for a new friend to give me a real trailname. It'll only stick when people can remember it on the next trip.

my mom gave me mine. sounds strange to some people but true. i love eating special k cereal. and im much of a goof when around my family

Special K, did your mom know that your name is also a drug?

Crazystick, I think that is a great trail name! I give you that one.

People gave me mine.

Images

Given to me by others... I work as a travel nurse and change locations every 3 to 6 months. Someone said, "Oh, like a Gipsy" and there it was...........
    The hand may be quicker than the eye, but it is often proven that the mouth is a thousand times faster than the brain!

Gipsy

Well. With much thinking it was not until I was no longer sober that I came up with it. I think it is perfect . Until I earn a better one from someone else . I shall henceforth be named " Bravo" my last name is briner, so it's really just my last name initial in NATO-phonetic , and all my friends call me by my last name anyway. See.... It's perfect .

But please. I keep wanting to hear your guy's stories. Especially because it will help me remember your names now especially because I will soon see alot of u on the trail.

Baron
    Images

Navy nickname.
    ‎"You know your camping trip really isn't going well when you find yourself hoping to stave off sepsis with a six-pack of Icehouse. "

"Age is not an accomplishment, and youth is not a sin."

Got mine on my second night out on an AT section in 2009 by two college girls. They never really explained why.

On my first big section hike, after not doing any serious hiking for 15 years or so, everytime a thru-hiker would pass me going up a hill in SW VA, they would ask "hows it going?" I would respond "Slowly". "Slow going" morphed into my trail name of slo-go-en.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++