WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default For Those Stuck In The Cubicle.....

...this one is for you!

I had an epiphany last night on the treadmill at the gym. As I closed my eyes,I had the incline all the way up and was walking along. Suddenly my mind began to drift and I could literally see the trail and the mountains in front of me. It was a very surreal moment.

I NEED those hills,Living in the city is getting to me, my cubicle is smothering me, I NEED TO ESCAPE!!!!

Anyone else ever have these thoughts run through their mind???

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Moss View Post

Anyone else ever have these thoughts run through their mind???
    no cuz i live in damascus and can hit the hills any damn time i want. goin' for a run on the creeper right now

Sounds like you should take up trail running. Treadmills suck.

LW,

Got alot of repect for you, you've earned your chance to live in such a great town and the opprotunity to enjoy the lifestyle everyday. I can only hope to be in those shoes one day....at the same time I'm green with envy!

I do trail running around here some and it is much better, but living in the city , it is much more convenient to go to the gym rather than drive 30 minutes out of town to the half way decent trails in the area.

Thanks for reminding me I'm stuck in a cube. I also recommend you do a little research into the meaning of the word epiphany. Unless of course you over dramatize every facet of your life.
    Pain is a by-product of a good time.

LW,

Got alot of repect for you, you've earned your chance to live in such a great town and the opprotunity to enjoy the lifestyle everyday. I can only hope to be in those shoes one day....at the same time I'm green with envy!

I do trail running around here some and it is much better, but living in the city , it is much more convenient to go to the gym rather than drive 30 minutes out of town to the half way decent trails in the area.
    you're young. it's all about choices. make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by fredmugs View Post
    Thanks for reminding me I'm stuck in a cube. I also recommend you do a little research into the meaning of the word epiphany. Unless of course you over dramatize every facet of your life.
    I do Fred....Thanks!....Glad I could point out your sour grapes to you!

Images

Quit your job. Move out of the city.

I live in an outdoor paradise. Santa Barbara. I walk to work. It's been sunny and warm all month so far. Sometimes I will dream of walking the trail as I walk the sidewalk to work. If I try hard enough, it's almost like I'm really there.
    Some knew me as Piper, others as just Diane.
    I hiked the PCT: Mexico to Mt. Shasta, 2008. Santa Barbara to Canada, 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Pommes View Post
    Quit your job. Move out of the city.
    Can't quite swing that! Gotta make that Cheddah! But, the thought has been crossing my mind to look into a relocation to a town closer to the mountains. I'm originally from Asheville, NC and would love to get back, ...sooooo, if anyone know of any work up there let me know!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by flemdawg1 View Post
    Sounds like you should take up trail running. Treadmills suck.
    Yeah they do and when you get off of one after about an hour it feels like you're doing the moonwalk.

I'm originally from Asheville, NC and would love to get back, ...sooooo, if anyone know of any work up there let me know!
    I know of a good summer job not too far from Asheville.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.
    -Edward Abbey

Do tell Luddite...

Can't quite swing that! Gotta make that Cheddah! But, the thought has been crossing my mind to look into a relocation to a town closer to the mountains. I'm originally from Asheville, NC and would love to get back, ...sooooo, if anyone know of any work up there let me know!
    what is your profession?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    what is your profession?
    Sales and Management

Journal Entries

I am stuck in the cube. But I'm planning on changes:
    A) save enough money for a Thru
    B) Go on my hike
    C) ????
    D) Profit!

In reality, the hike is going to be the beginning of some major life changes, a clean start, with no boundaries or destination.
    2012 NOBO - April start date
    Follow me here: Here, There, and Everywhere

"...on the treadmill at the gym...Anyone else ever have these thoughts?"

You bet.

Quote Originally Posted by YohonPetro View Post
    I am stuck in the cube. But I'm planning on changes:
    A) save enough money for a Thru
    B) Go on my hike
    C) ????
    D) Profit!

In reality, the hike is going to be the beginning of some major life changes, a clean start, with no boundaries or destination.
    Definitely didn't expect to see A, B, ?? Profit on WB! Thanks for the chuckle!

Brother Pete,
    I'm stuck in more of a cube, but definitely go a little crazy at times waiting for my hike to start. And I'm in a city, and being averse to treadmills and the gym, I run through the city where I fight traffic and smog and trash and dogs. But I think all the anticipation will simply make the hike more enjoyable when it comes

I may not be in the cubicle, but I'm stuck too. Yesterday was the worse day at work I have had in a while, coupled with the constant dreariness of winter and I was near tears by the time I got home. I have got to get out of this town! I need mountain air, hills to climb that are not covered in pavement and hundreds of dog walkers. I need to get away from my job! (severe burn out in effect)

But today is better. Why? ATJourneys was in the mailbox last night; the sun is shining today; and there is only a few more months until I can officially tell the non-cubicle but still no door to my office Hades that I have to work at to kiss my grits and then it is hike time!
    "Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
    - Frank Scully

Quote Originally Posted by jlo View Post
    Brother Pete,
    I'm stuck in more of a cube, but definitely go a little crazy at times waiting for my hike to start. And I'm in a city, and being averse to treadmills and the gym, I run through the city where I fight traffic and smog and trash and dogs. But I think all the anticipation will simply make the hike more enjoyable when it comes
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-Dawn View Post
    I may not be in the cubicle, but I'm stuck too. Yesterday was the worse day at work I have had in a while, coupled with the constant dreariness of winter and I was near tears by the time I got home. I have got to get out of this town! I need mountain air, hills to climb that are not covered in pavement and hundreds of dog walkers. I need to get away from my job! (severe burn out in effect)

But today is better. Why? ATJourneys was in the mailbox last night; the sun is shining today; and there is only a few more months until I can officially tell the non-cubicle but still no door to my office Hades that I have to work at to kiss my grits and then it is hike time!
    Glad to know a few others have the -itis ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++