WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    The original thread title was SO over-the-top, even the OP realized it. Sensing he had blown his cover (based on early replies), he made a plea to Mods to change the title.

The request was accommodated, making the thread appear more moderate than it was originally. That's not exactly the "appropriate action" I had in mind.
    You don't know what your taking about. The title of the thread was never changed by anyone.

Your blind hated is not welcome to me. I have no idea why you are openly calling for me to have actions taken against me.

I am simply posting what I feel about the trail, like anyone else. Just because you do not like my ideas does not mean you can openly tarnish my reputation. My ideas are new, and new ideas are just that - ideas.

Why do you not want me to post my ideas? Why do you feel the need to try to silence me? I am not being mean to anyone, harassing anyone, or calling for someones head.

You are.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHiker2011 View Post
    Why do you and many others make jokes about these issues?

..... I intend to one day die on the trail, when I am in my 90's. And when I do, ........
    You won't be following LNT then will you?

What a conundrum......

Quote Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
    You won't be following LNT then will you?

What a conundrum......
    Dying while naked in the wild is a natural death. Dust to dust.

Far more natural than being put in a coffin and buried.

A proper quick, brave, steady, ready gentleman! ocourse's Avatar

These posts remind me of the old WhiteBlaze - mean and assuming. Why not just say "No I don't think so, but please explain your point of view"? Time after time I have seen you guys jump all over a poster, only to have to backpedal as the facts emerge.
    I've learned....
    That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

Images

I'm just curious as to why everything brought up by this individual thats supposedly a "problem" involves a letter writing campaign to try to convince the federal government to restrict our usage of the trail.
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. - Steven Wright

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sickmont View Post
    I'm just curious as to why everything brought up by this individual thats supposedly a "problem" involves a letter writing campaign to try to convince the federal government to restrict our usage of the trail.
    He already answered that when he posted this:
    The bottom line is that I know how government works, top to bottom.

"defile the purity of nature. defaming trees with caustic paint. "
    Is this a practical joke of some sorts? This idea of his is so completely impractical not to mention unnecessary. He must dang near have a nervous breakdown when hiking through the SNP.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Majortrauma View Post
    Is this a practical joke of some sorts?
    Of course it is.

The alternative is too sad to contemplate.

Well at least he hasn't asked "how long will cheese stay fresh on the trail?" yet.

Default Lnt

Until you can hike the trail and never use the ground as a toilet, leave the blazes alone.

Lol@ caustic paint. This proves the pot stirring aspect of the OP. By adding adjectves such as this he is trying to elicite an emotion.

Paint ain't caustic. But it sure sounds good.
    "some editing should be done in parentheses for clarity where spelling prevents reading."---matthewski

Dying while naked in the wild is a natural death. Dust to dust.

Far more natural than being put in a coffin and buried.
    Why wait till 90, don't you realize how much CO2 you're expelling with each breath? And what about your food, house and even that peice of plastic and rare earth minerals called a computer Save the planet, die now.

Images

For someone who has never even BEEN on the AT, WisconsonHiker, you are sure in a hurry to make changes and heap on criticism. Perhaps the AT is simply not for you. I firmly believe that you are more suited to a 2 mile trail in your local park.

Images

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the OP about the Blazes, but I think I've found a way to accomplish his goal....... eliminate the blazes....

If we pass a Federal law that states that ALL trees that grow withing 500 yards of any trail must be removed, it'll be impossible for those caustic marks to enblazen the way!
    YOURSELF Find, Know, Be

click HERE to become rich!

So how long will cheese stay fresh on the trail?
    No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength.

Images

Your wish is true in some places.Here in the TN/NC section there are places with very few blazes....you need to hike a few hundred miles and then let us know what you found.....

I keep on thinking back to ur "Limiting the AT" post..where u write that you are "new to hiking". Of course u don't have to be a hiker to consider urself as an enviormental purist or what not. I applaud anyone seeking to do good for human kind. But, some ur ideology rubs me the wrong way.

Have you ever set foot on the AT? Seen a Blaze on Springer? Or step over a blazed rock in the middle of nowhere? Why with the limited hiking experience u have...u at 33 plan to spend the last seconds of ur life at 90 on the AT?

I can only imagine what type of OBSESSION U have with ur ex-girlfriend and if you have yet to Inbed a "next gen" tracking device in her body.

Now, I'm trying to come up ideas to help u in ur quest of the purification of the trail ...I just can't come up with much. Not my expertise. What are ur ideas? I'm interested in saving the Earth!! Save the Polar Bears!!!

From what I read..and History Channel. Dec 12, 2012...we r screwed. End of the World. Problem Solved.

Wisconsin..#1 in binge drinking. (and SuperBowl champs)

Images

I had to check to make sure this wasn't the humor forum

Ummm Wisconson hiker, if you get so upset whenever you see signs of humans in the woods, then what the heck are you doing in there in the first place?????

This is hilarious!!!!
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Images

The return of Kirk McQuest.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

I intend to one day die on the trail, when I am in my 90's. And when I do, all of my life's efforts in regards to the trail will be around me as I lay on the trail, taking my last breath.

Dying on the trail is not living by LNT principles

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++