WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Neo Air - Repair

I have a thermarest neo air mat and there is a leak around the valve, it is very slow the mat flattens over about 8 hours. Blow it up to max go to sleep and in the morning its flat. Can anyone suggest how to fix this?

Images

contact the company about and they will either fix it or replace it.
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

Repairs around a value on an inflatable are hard to fix (or so I'm told). I agree, contact the company. They should take care of you.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Are these issues common with the NeoAir? I've heard a couple complaints about it leaking. But I love sleeping on it and absolutely want to take it on my thru, if it can stay intact.

Hope this helps, it is a quote from an email i received:

Valves and seams are covered under warranty but punctures are not covered. If the mattress does have a puncture then we will charge a $20 repair fee for which we patch up to 10 holes. If we cannot repair your mattress then we will give you a call. If you are interested in doing this then here is a link to our return products form and additional shipping information:

http://cascadedesigns.com/Service/Warranty-and-Repair

http://www.postholer.com/ontrail
    2011 H.F.-Duncannon, Katahdin-Rangeley
    2012 Springer-Erwin

Images

Quote Originally Posted by tirebiter View Post
    Are these issues common with the NeoAir? I've heard a couple complaints about it leaking. But I love sleeping on it and absolutely want to take it on my thru, if it can stay intact.
    I've had my neo air for about a year or so and used it TONS in that time and haven't had any problems....other than it's more comfortable than my mattress.
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

Images

Try putting the valve by your feet, worked for me, I think that my weight flattenned it out, this fixed 90% of the issue..............called the company, they were surprisingly un-helpful. At this price they should quickly replace them.........what a nice business they have on this one, probably costs like $10 for make, lot of R&D $$$ but...............

Quote Originally Posted by Del Q View Post
    Try putting the valve by your feet, worked for me, I think that my weight flattenned it out, this fixed 90% of the issue......
    I can't see how putting the valve at your feet would fix/lesson a leak. I can see how putting the value at your feet might prevent one, as you would be less likely to disturb the valve.

Personally, I very much like having the valve near my head. I over-inflate the Neo a bit and let some air out after I am in position. I would have a harder time doing that if I had to squirm around to get to the valve at my feet.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Quote Originally Posted by gipcgirl View Post
    I have a thermarest neo air mat and there is a leak around the valve, it is very slow the mat flattens over about 8 hours. Blow it up to max go to sleep and in the morning its flat. Can anyone suggest how to fix this?
    Thanks for the suggestions, I am starting my AT thru on the 12th of March until then I am living in Australia and will be bring my neo air with me. Maybe I will have to go without for a while if I want them to fix or replace it. I may have to buy a new one as its so comfy I don't want to be with out for the start of my hike.

Quote Originally Posted by gipcgirl View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, I am starting my AT thru on the 12th of March until then I am living in Australia and will be bring my neo air with me. Maybe I will have to go without for a while if I want them to fix or replace it. I may have to buy a new one as its so comfy I don't want to be with out for the start of my hike.
    Forgot to say that I bought it in the States last year.

++ New Posts ++