WhiteBlaze Pages 2022
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
$5 for printable PDF, AVAILABLE NOW. $9 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-20-2010
    Location
    east lansing mi
    Age
    52
    Posts
    83

    Default Wow. Guess this is happening

    My current contract ended. And when the school asked me if I wanted
    to renew, had to say no thanks.

    Have the cash saved up.

    No mortgage, no car to sell.

    Start date is around April 1st.

    Have about a third of the gear.

    Coming all the way from Korea.

    Guess this is really happening....

  2. #2
    Registered User Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2009
    Location
    Massillon, Oh
    Age
    75
    Posts
    1,022
    Images
    123

    Default

    Good luck to you. Wish I were going this year.
    "The difficult can be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer"

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-22-2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    407
    Images
    16

    Default

    Awesome! I'm starting April 1st. See you out there!

  4. #4
    Registered User Snake Farm's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-04-2010
    Location
    Newmarket, New Hampshire
    Age
    32
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Congratulations! Im starting March 29th. See you and Fritz there!

  5. #5
    Registered User JohnEbner's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-24-2010
    Location
    Huntsville, Texas
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Gratz. Best of luck to ya.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flatfeet View Post
    My current contract ended. And when the school asked me if I wanted
    to renew, had to say no thanks.

    Have the cash saved up.

    No mortgage, no car to sell.

    Start date is around April 1st.

    Have about a third of the gear.

    Coming all the way from Korea.

    Guess this is really happening....
    youll need a guide. my services include introduction to bacon 101.
    matthewski

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-21-2009
    Location
    Tennesee
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    congratulations to you and the others starting this year!!! The next month or so you'll feel like a child waiting for Christmas to get here.

  8. #8
    Registered User Old Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-10-2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    2,591
    Images
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    youll need a guide. my services include introduction to bacon 101.
    Bacon 101 - is that where you have to chase the pig down to render it into bacon and a Bacon PhD where you just go to Wally and pick up the pre-cooked bacon or is it the other way around?

    I never can remember.

    Any-hoo - good luck on the hike! Welcome back to the real world.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

  9. #9

    Talking

    I'm pretty sure Matty has the patent on Wendy's Baconator. I could be wrong though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hiker View Post
    Bacon 101 - is that where you have to chase the pig down to render it into bacon and a Bacon PhD where you just go to Wally and pick up the pre-cooked bacon or is it the other way around?

    I never can remember.

    Any-hoo - good luck on the hike! Welcome back to the real world.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-09-2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Congrats man. Ill be NOBO one month from today. Can't wait!

  11. #11

    Default

    good luck to you all and congrats......decided today to cancell hike this year due to family illness....the trail will always be there, she may not. Will be leaving plenty of trail magic in the woods of mass and southern vt. Life is to short enjoy everyday.

++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •