WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    aka -OvertheEdge- :)
    Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
    Images

Game plan goes some thing like this.
    We meet the three of us Panzer, BadAndy,And myself meet at Lehigh Gap 0830 on the 14th there is parking on both the east and west side of the river someone pick one. we leave Panzer's truck and my Tracker there, the three of us take Andy's vehicle to DWG. We start out of DWG at 1000 We hike to Kirkridge we spend the night.
    I'd like to shoot for a 0830 start from Kirkridge I know it is only 13.8 miles to Leroy Smith but like I said I had a time of it over the rocks and loosing the trail. If we do better than we get to camp early at Leroy Smith.If Shlep is still in we can meet her at Fox Gap Rd. or on the trail.
    I'd like to leave Leroy Smith as early as possible with the intention of making George Outerbridge. I made it with a lot less daylight it is not a bad trail (Andy after the 16 miles in MD this is gedunk.) we have almost 14 1/2 hrs 0545 to 2009. We can carry enough water out of Leroy smith to do us if we camp before George Outerbridge or count on the rainfall we have had to leave Delps spring running. We make our final decision at Little Gap if we do not think we can do it and we can get by on water we start looking for a place to tent.
    If we make George Outerbridge we spend day four blue blazing. If not we take our time getting to Lehigh Gap. Panzer can head for the house from there and my Tracker can carry BadAndy and myself and Shlep if she is with us to DWG. from there one of us can swing Shlep around to her car on Fox Gap Rd.
    Alcohol was involved!

Images

sounds like a good plan.

Panzer

Images

I love it when a plan comes together!

Images

I won't know if I can make it until tomorrow- grr... If I can make it, I'll meet y'all at the road closest to Kirkridge Shelter.

If, however, I don' get off on Sunday, then I might end up doing some short two day hike another time (at which point everyone is welcome to join).

I'll let you know if I'm still in as soon as I can!
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )
    Various adventures in Siberia 2016
    Adventures past and present!
    (and maybe 2018 PCT NoBo)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ShelterLeopard View Post
    I won't know if I can make it until tomorrow- grr... If I can make it, I'll meet y'all at the road closest to Kirkridge Shelter.

If, however, I don' get off on Sunday, then I might end up doing some short two day hike another time (at which point everyone is welcome to join).

I'll let you know if I'm still in as soon as I can!
    That's OK. We understand work commitments. Would be great to meet you. You see the plan I laid out. Just a thought you may want to try to make the Billeville hiker feed in Duncannon 9 and 10 July I believe I'll be there as well as Panzer, Sasquatch, Digger, Matty and some of the best hiker trash you'd ever want to meet.
    Alcohol was involved!

Images

Awesome! I forgot about the feed. And I haven't seen sasquatch, digger, matty and panzer since before I left for my thru!!! And I can't wait to meet you and everyone else. Hopefully, sooner rather than later, but if not, you'll definitely see me at the feed.
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )

Images

I will probably get there early in Lehigh Gap and have breakfast in McDonald's or one of the other restaurants in town. Probably like around 7:45 or so. Of course you guys are welcome to join me. I like to start a hike with a good breakfast in me.

Panzer

Sorry to miss this gettogether......maybe next time! Have a great hike. jack

Images

Looks like this isn't happening for me. So you can expect to see me at the feed! Hopefully I'll be able to get together a short hike soon- most likely when I get back from Croatia. Have fun all, I wish I could be there!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer1 View Post
    I will probably get there early in Lehigh Gap and have breakfast in McDonald's or one of the other restaurants in town. Probably like around 7:45 or so. Of course you guys are welcome to join me. I like to start a hike with a good breakfast in me.

Panzer
    If I get there early I will look for your truck.
    Alcohol was involved!

Images

Awesome! I forgot about the feed. And I haven't seen sasquatch, digger, matty and panzer since before I left for my thru!!! And I can't wait to meet you and everyone else. Hopefully, sooner rather than later, but if not, you'll definitely see me at the feed.
    Looks like this isn't happening for me. So you can expect to see me at the feed! Hopefully I'll be able to get together a short hike soon- most likely when I get back from Croatia. Have fun all, I wish I could be there!
    Sorry to hear you can't make it. I'll hold you to the hiker feed I'll pitch a tent next to "Camp Panzer" on Friday and head to work from there on Sat. but be back in the afternoon wife might camp with me so you can meet CatLady. BadAndy lives and works in the area so you'll meet him also. I don't think I have ever been to Croatia do they have good beer and CHEESE
    Alcohol was involved!

Images

I'll bring some of the classic croatian plum brandy to the feed for which they are so famous too!
    Last edited by ShelterLeopard; 05-13-2011 at 23:29.

Images

See you all tomorrow morning! Edge if you want to carpool from the Harrisburg area let me know, if not I'll se you in the lot on the East side of the river.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by BadAndy View Post
    See you all tomorrow morning! Edge if you want to carpool from the Harrisburg area let me know, if not I'll se you in the lot on the East side of the river.
    OK east side of the river we will pool up from there so when we get there Panzer can head straight home.
    Alcohol was involved!

well, I hope y'all enjoy this hike. I must say for a 4 day hike and the thread starting back on 2-14, that this may very well be the most thorough hike planning I've ever been priviledged to witness. If something was left back at home,please don't let us know.

Images

I think I once had a two day hike plan that went 8 pages... or something awfully long... I guess we're all somehow very good a drawing out the planning stage. Like we're hiking vicariously through our future selves!

Images

ShelterLeopard, I know I 've never met you but since you started this thread you were given the blame all weekend for the bad weather, just thought you should know.

Images

Muah ha ha!!!!! I planned it that way, you all fell into my trap! But seriously, even with the terrible weather, I really wished I could've been there. What made it even worse was that it turned out I DID NOT HAVE TO WORK ad my boss didn't think to let me know before I arrived for work. When I could've been hiking. Wow. Grrrr.....

But seriously, I am planning a two+ day hike in the summer, and I'll slip nature a tip to make sure we get good weather.

Images

Think it is time to kill this thread. DWG to Little Gap has been done, by Edge, BadAndy and Panzer. There is a day hike in the works for Lehigh Gap to Little Gap, as BadAndy needs this to help complete PA and it just sounds like a good day hike. I'm gonna say look for a Sunday sometime before July. Shlep help us out here you tell us can you do it? Panzer are you up to it? Will you bring Matty? Second Half I really hope you can do it You Were such a blessing with the Trail Magic at Wind Gap and the bail out at Little Gap. I will start a new thread for a day hike .
    Alcohol was involved!

Images

Muah ha ha!!!!! I planned it that way, you all fell into my trap! But seriously, even with the terrible weather, I really wished I could've been there. What made it even worse was that it turned out I DID NOT HAVE TO WORK ad my boss didn't think to let me know before I arrived for work. When I could've been hiking. Wow. Grrrr.....

But seriously, I am planning a two+ day hike in the summer, and I'll slip nature a tip to make sure we get good weather.
    Hey we all understand work, and boss's. check out the above post a think July 22, 23 24, 25 Lehigh gap to Swatara Gap or Duncannon to Pine Groove Furnace. Let us start a new post.
    Alcohol was involved!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++