WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default unfamiliar tent??

http://cgi.ebay.com/BACKPACKING-TENT...item2eb336e2cc

any one ever seen this kind or know anything about it

Never seen one. Don't know anything about the tent itself.
    Camel isn't known for making high quality tents. That's why they're inexpensive. The quality of the nylon fabric, the thickness of the coatings, the consistency of the stitching, etc. are probably inferior to tents which (not surprisingly) cost more.
    Generally, you get what you pay for.
    Personally, I prefer a tent I can sit up in and change (obviously I choose to hammock most often), and one with a side vestibule for easy entry and storage.
    My current one person tent is a Hilleberg Akto - expensive when I bought it 5 years ago and even moreso now. It's what I use in the winter when it's nasty cold.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

Our first backpacking tent was similar to this -- 2 hoop poles, $40 at Bass Pro Shops. It worked, sort of, as long as it wasn't raining, and one of the poles broke on the second trip. Verdict: not worth even the $40 we paid.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

not worth a verdict.
    matthewski

NOBO toBennington, VT plus 187 mi in MH & ME
    Images

In my ongoing effort to "beat the system", I bought a similar tent a few years ago.

The bathtub floor held water *in* pretty well. It leaked enough in a gully washer that there was an inch inside on the floor in the morning (I bailed to an alternate sleep location.)

The next day, as I was breaking camp, the poles broke. I cut my loses and threw it away.

There's frugal and there's cheap. Cheap is dumb. Be sure to get a first hand opinion before buying.
    Grinder
    AT hiker : It's the journey, not the destination

++ New Posts ++