WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Cabela's PacLite rain gear

I've found Cabela's Rainy River to be the least expensive GOOD GTX PacLite rain gear. It's now (2010) selling for $99. for parka and the same price for the pants.

FEATURES
    1.The parka has no pit zips but instead two large, slanted chest pockets with mesh backing that vent very well without letting in water.
    2. A well designed hood with captive drawcord ends and captive drawcord rear adjustment.
    3. Adustable hem locking drawcords
    4. Velcro adjustable elasticized cuffs
    5. velveteen chin guard on the front zipper flap
    6. Tall and XL sizes. I got a Tall size for the extra butt coverage and extended arm coverage. VERY few PacLite parkas have Cabela's size range. Maybe Bass Pro Shop does but no others that I know of.
    7. Pants have a 12" side zip.
    8. Pants store in their own zippered hip pocket.
    9. Pants have a wide elasticized waist band plus an elastic drawcord & cordlock.

Enough features for the price? Cabela's garantee is like REI's. Don't like 'em for a good reason? Take 'em back anytime for a full refund.

Images

Wicked price. Any idea on the Jacket weight?

Default Cabela's Rainy River Parka Weight

My parka (size Large, Tall) weights exactly 15 oz. on my digital scale. Not the lightest but very durable and full featured.

Eric

Images

I've had my Cabelas GoreTex paclite Mountain light jacket for 2 yrs... its pretty durable.

Images

I can say the same thing for the Bass Pro goretex paclite for those of us in Bass Pro land.

Default Update, PAcLite pants

I'm going on a mid-October Tahoe Rim Trail & it's already snowed once there so I'm finally taking my PacLite pants on a trip, as well as the parka and some eVent gaitors in case of snow.

I have a new Eddie Bauer Down "Sweater" (light jacket) for insulation as well as Cabela's full polar weight polyester long johns for sleeping. May need the down sweater for sleepong in my WM down 32 F. bag too - and my wool balaclava. I'll be ready for anything. I'm a ski patroller and know winter survival. Was also a Nordic patroller for 10 years back in NW Pennsylvania.

Eric

Images

Cabela's Rainy River PacLite GoreTex Parka is on sale now for $59-69.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home/...3Bcat107468280

I had a paclite parka that I bought at REI a couple of years ago. Returned it after one trip. The paclite is polyurethane coated to protect the laminate from sweat, so it's basically about as breathable as Marmot Precip (at least that's how it felt). Still, it's probably more durable than the Precip's coating, which, in the past, had delaminated on three jackets I've owned. I no longer use it.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

ive had my cabellas nightmares since looking into the eyes of cabellas stuffed animals and havent had any problem with them failing to protect me from a lousy nights sleep. i highy recomend cabellas stuffed animals for looking at and being sad and having bad dreams.
    matthewski

++ New Posts ++