WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Smile Good Boots for Rolling Arches? (To ankles, please)

Hello, I was just wondering what a good choice would be for good hiking boots for someone with rolling arches. I go through regular (Nike)running shoes pretty fast, I usually have to put inserts in them to keep my balance. Gets extremely annoying, let me tell you! Those are my everyday shoes, also. I would prefer something that goes up past the ankle if possible. I really don't know where to start for these and would appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Thank you!!

Journal Entries

i have the same problem...... vasque rangers,gtx

Images

I've been wearing Hi-Tec Altitude IV's since 2002. My ankles roll over very easily and those boots have saved me too many times to count. They're also waterproof and one of the best deals expense-wise. I have collapsing arches and make up my own inserts and arch supports from over the counter brands. Works every bit as well as the pricey Rx orthotics I've had.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Journal Entries
    Images

Merrell Refuge have given me a lot of support and I haven't once rolled an ankle after I started wearing them.

X2 on the Hi-Tec Altitude lV. for me they are comfortable and have worn well.

If the problem is really, really bad you might want to consider an actual brace rather than just firm sided boots.

I broke one ankle (2 screws to put it together) and sprained the other ankle stepping off the bottom step on an outdoor stair. The x-rays showed that I had previously broken the sprained ankle and had treated it like a bad sprain.

Since I had a 45 year history of regular sprains in each ankle and/or torn ligaments I knew that if I wanted to continue any kind of active lifestyle it was time for drastic measures.

After a lot of research into various brace types I now wear a pair of T2 ankle braces anytime I step outside my door.

With these things on I feel free to hike, rock scramble and basically live my life my way!

The only time I've inverted an ankle since I got back on my feet was when ego and pride got in my way and I tried walking across a park without them. Not only did I invert and sprain my ankle I landed with my elbow jammed up in my side and did some serious hurting to my ribs - I was protecting my GPS at the time

++ New Posts ++