Lightbulb Need a ride to Campo?

Hi, I'm offering transportation for hikers of the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) from the airport (or anywhere else for that matter) to Campo. I'm from Campo, and a pretty avid hiker myself.

Taxifarefinder.com estimates a taxi ride from SAN to Campo at $177.
    http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.p...culate+Fare%21

I'm thinking $50 for one adult, and $10 for each additional adult. I can accomodate 3 passengers.

Thanks for looking!

Or you can take the train/bus for about $10 total.

Wolf

Images

The price for the service you're offering is fair if you're willing to work around the schedule of hikers...it's a lot of miles and at least two hours. If it was me, and you couldn't get me to the border at daybreak, then I might as well take the bus. What about taking people from Lake Morena to the border? That might be more useful. That would allow taking the bus to Lake Morena and getting there in the afternoon and having a warm shower and plenty of rest, a more convenient very early start for both parties, and less cost.

If you enjoy sitting in buses/bus stations for hours to go 60 miles, then the bus is a great option.

I'm willing to work around your schedules. Shuttling people to the border is doable. Let me know your needs, and I'll make it happen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by travisfromcampo View Post
    If you enjoy sitting in buses/bus stations for hours to go 60 miles, then the bus is a great option.
    I think Wolf was merely pointing out that you were basing your pricing off of taxi fares, when few hikers (that I know of) take the taxi to get to the trailhead, so that's not likely the alternative.

Yes. Thank you. I'm merely saying if you prefer private transportation, I'm here to help out.

Contact me at [email protected] if you're interested. If you're not interested, you're encouraged to not post on here.

Thanks everybody and have a great day!

Wait... you will drive me to the bus? Sweet.

Will be needing transportation for 4 to Campo from Las Vegas (LAS). Date not firm, but between April 1 and May 31, 2012. Recommendations appreciated.

Hi SW, sorry I haven't signed in to this for months. Is there a way of messaging you?

Images

Travis, you should subscribe to this thread, and turn on notifications for private messages. This site has a private messaging system.

Thank you much, leaftye. How's the weather down there today?

bumping an old thread to hopefully get this guys attention.

sent him an e-mail , hopin for a reply

PCT 2013, most of AT 2011, rest of AT 2014

If the guy can't handle subscribing to the thread and responding to e-mails, how reliable do you think he is?
    "Hahk your own hahk." - Ron Haven

"The world is a book, of which those who do not travel read only a page." - St. Augustine

http://www.scrubhiker.com/

++ New Posts ++