WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Images

Hey Sasquatch2014
    You'll be seeing some guys heading your way Saturday or Sunday / Ask Billy Goat & Earl Grey how the chicken was that I left them with )

I was in the South District of Shenandoah NP this past weekend where I met some NOBO thrus.

Friday late afternoon at Rockfish Gap, I met So Far. He started May 7.

Saturday night, June 25 at HighTop Hut, I met Square & Veggie along with Whistler and 4 young guys whose names I didn't catch. They were all heading to Big Meadows where they presumably spent last night.

Images

Chatted with John Wayne as he trekked by towards the Blu Mt pump in section 5 JN. He had 3 days at the Delaware Water Gap to chill chill out and eat some pie. Was in good spirits and said to say hi!

Images

Met Alla Babwa on rte. 26, Grafton Notch yesterday. Smoking a camel and looking in good spirits.
    skinny d

Storyteller
    Images

Among the over 25 hikers at the Church of the Mountain hostel in Delaware Water Gap last night were Peru, Radar, Big Country, Goldie, Neat Hawk, YNot, and Balance.

Journal Entries
    Images

Met Dreamwalker briefly between Pittsfield Rd and Dalton just North of the powerlines. Told me it was like a dream. He looked well. This was afternoon of the June 25th.

Images

Doing a section of a section on the CT-AT last 2 days and saw Stanley Thermus, Drum Solo, Hazard, Chupah, Spark, Gypsy Women, Easy-does-it, Intimadator (seemed off), and at least 10 more in between West Cornwall Rd and Limestone Shelter... Hearty people!!!

Images

Met Tennesee Red and his dad yesterday evening at the Mt. Greylock Summit Veterans Memorial, just as the sun was setting. Took a photo or two of them and them of me. Dad was up from eastern Tennessee to hike a section with his son. Nice guys. Will post the photos later, along with some fine fog shots of the summit from mid-day and some fun ones of waterfalls and other Greylock views. By evening, the rain and clouds mostly cleared out, so there were some very nice views to be had, near and far, from the high ground from the summit and northward on Notch Road.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Images

out with the nephew this weekend for 3 days ran into trail maintaners, gave the kids a hand trying to move a rock the size of a small V.W. around ten mile camp site. Ran into 2 ridge runners "tristen" and then "rob" who ate all the ripe blueberries, only thrus we saw was a girl hammering sobo going for a speed record and "Tin Man" with his dog heading nobo. beutful long weekend, it's always hard getting off the trail. Happy trails folks....

Saw Veggie Mama, Grim, heading at a good pace NOBO on Bemis Mountain, ME two days ago, and Birches heading SOBO seeming a low on moral and social company.
    School makes you sound wise, while the world actually makes you wise.

Images

Hiking the AT in SNP Monday near Loft Mountain I meet an older thru hiking couple ,simply using their first names on the trail of Richard & Vicky . They seemed very happy to be hiking "out of the bubble".

I also met a male long distance hiker from Germany that went by the trail name of Metric . Ironically , it seems there is a female hiker on the trail with the same trail name .
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Journal Entries
    Images

Met Kato on October Mt., last week.

Images

Hiked with a bunch of thru hikers on my 53 mile charity hike in NY from 6/26 - 6/30 from Bear Mountain to the CT Border:

Whoop!
    River Rat
    Moosehead
    Special Delivery
    Survivor Man (forgot his girl's name)
    Low Key
    Twig
    Chupa (70 yr old thru doing it for charity)

Early in the month I talked to a hiker Delaware Dave crossing the Bear Mtn Bridge. Just recently I chatted with Whistler in that area too. Both really nice guys. I've seen a quite a few the past couple weeks in and around Bear Mtn St Pk. Don't remember a lot of there names. Caught a few Sobo's. One guy started in NH, lives in that area, and is headed to Springer.

Images

So Renaisance and others in the earlier crowd are done?

I met five young NOBO thru hikers right beyond Delaware Water Gap between 12:00 PM and 3:00 PM today. They all looked in good shape, and were confident about finishing it around Oct. 1. One of those guys is Gunndy. One of the girls would flip from the northern end due to a temporary work in a few weeks. I believe they have a very good chance to make it before Oct. 1 as long as they stay focused.

Met several NOBO thru hikers on a section hike from Killington, VT to Hanover, NH this week.

Sparky
    Shark
    Thimble
    Big Country
    JP
    Boyscout
    Lady Sherpa
    Coyote
    Spider

and a few others who's names escape me.

also a couple SOBO thru hikers
    Purple and Carnivore

Met Damascus Dave ( or was it Joe? ) at Dicks creek gap. He is southbound with just a short distance to go. Gave him a ride to Hiawassee and dinner money. Good
    luck man.

Quote Originally Posted by goody5534 View Post
    Doing a section of a section on the CT-AT last 2 days and saw Stanley Thermus, Drum Solo, Hazard, Chupah, Spark, Gypsy Women, Easy-does-it, Intimadator (seemed off), and at least 10 more in between West Cornwall Rd and Limestone Shelter... Hearty people!!!
    It's great to hear of Stanley Thermus. I saw him my first night in the Smokies.

Quote Originally Posted by jr05 View Post
    Met several NOBO thru hikers on a section hike from Killington, VT to Hanover, NH this week.

Sparky
    Shark
    Thimble
    Big Country
    JP
    Boyscout
    Lady Sherpa
    Coyote
    Spider

and a few others who's names escape me.

also a couple SOBO thru hikers
    Purple and Carnivore
    I had no doubt Coyote and Lady Sherpa would still be together. It's good to hear about their progress. I was with them at the Dutch Haus the day I left the trail.

-Blue

I also got a text today from Honeybee telling me her along with Chickadee just crossed into Maine.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
++ New Posts ++