WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default I need a new bag!!

I'm in the market for a new bag. I currently own a Suisse Sport 30 degree synthetic bag which keeps me perfectly warm and compresses smaller than a football, but the problem is the size. It's waaaay to small in the chest/shoulders. I'm 6'1" 250lbs with really broad shoulders. I've been looking at some Big Agnes bags that are sort of a modified mummy shape since they are wide at the top but would like some of your suggestions. Price is somewhat of a concern. Nothing too crazy, and under 3lbs would be great!

Baron
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerman40 View Post
    I'm in the market for a new bag. I currently own a Suisse Sport 30 degree synthetic bag which keeps me perfectly warm and compresses smaller than a football, but the problem is the size. It's waaaay to small in the chest/shoulders. I'm 6'1" 250lbs with really broad shoulders. I've been looking at some Big Agnes bags that are sort of a modified mummy shape since they are wide at the top but would like some of your suggestions. Price is somewhat of a concern. Nothing too crazy, and under 3lbs would be great!

That bag is a terrible bag, and I am assuming that you bought it because of the price(which is pretty low on Amazon).

I like the Big Agnes Fishhawk for bags in the 30F range.
    ‎"You know your camping trip really isn't going well when you find yourself hoping to stave off sepsis with a six-pack of Icehouse. "

"Age is not an accomplishment, and youth is not a sin."

I can't really comment on how terrible of a bag it is because it's the first mummy bag i've ever had. I like how small it compresses, but it's just too small in the chest for me. When I took it hiking with me it got down to around 40 that night and I was perfectly warm as was my wife who has the same bag. Price was definitely the selling point of that bag for me.

I found the Fish Hawk on Department of Goods for 138.00 and found a coupon code that upped the discount to 40% so I now have a new down bag on the way for 110.00 shipped!

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerman40 View Post
    WM mitylite is a great bag for what you ask.

More + room for you.

Temp is more at 30.

Packs 6x12.

F.F also makes GREAT bags.Spend your money ONE time on a bag ,cause that is your lifeline.

mb is not the same as FF OR WM.....BUY A LONG SHOT.

++ New Posts ++