WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default The online companion is not online anymore?

Always like using that as a resource the Online Companion for the AT now you got to download it and it's not a free resouce anymore. I quess they need to change the name to the Adobe AT companion @ 8 bucks
    Would you be offended if I told you to
    TAKE A HIKE!
    CowHead

"If at first you don't succeed......Skydiving is not for you" Zen Isms

I once was lost, then I hike the trail

Keeping the Companion updated is a lot of work, and I have no problem with them charging for it. It is still free if you are a paying member of ALDHA.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by map man View Post
    Keeping the Companion updated is a lot of work, and I have no problem with them charging for it. It is still free if you are a paying member of ALDHA.
    Not to mention the cost of printing, storing, mailing, and etc., plus maintaining a web site. It's not free by any stretch.

Pay the $10 for membership and then it's yours.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by CowHead View Post
    Always like using that as a resource the Online Companion for the AT now you got to download it and it's not a free resouce anymore. I quess they need to change the name to the Adobe AT companion @ 8 bucks
    As someone has already mentioned, join ALDHA for $10 and get the Companion for free, along with a quarterly Newsletter and the annual member Directory.

Images

but it is not a online companion anymore where you can check it at a moment notice now you want to check it you need to hang on to the pdf, money not and issue, I just like the idea of the online and quick access
    Would you be offended if I told you to
    TAKE A HIKE!
    CowHead

"If at first you don't succeed......Skydiving is not for you" Zen Isms

I once was lost, then I hike the trail

Images

It's a few megabytes. You can put it on your desktop without crashing your computer.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer View Post
    It's a few megabytes. You can put it on your desktop without crashing your computer.
    Or on a thumb drive on your keychain.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Or forward it to yourself on gmail or yahoo...
    No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    As someone has already mentioned, join ALDHA for $10 and get the Companion for free, along with a quarterly Newsletter and the annual member Directory.
    Sly, along with paying members getting the Companion on line for free, why not sweeten the deal with allowing the Garthering Schedule to be down loaded for free also. This would solve the problem of Friday night late arrivals not having a schedule to plan with and make corrections to. Yes, I was a late arrival boo hoo.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

Images

Hikerhead....that's a great idea. I too am always scrambling to figure out what seminars to attend and frequently miss a great presentation.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

If you order it in November ATC sends you the current year and then the new one when it comes out.That's a deal...my 'current year' is always used up or gone to a hiker in need.

Flip flop, flip flopping' LASHin' 2000 miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Just joined for two years at http://www.aldha.org/join.htm. Hope to see you all at the gathering!
    L Dog
    AT 2000 Miler
    The Laughing Dog Blog
    https://lighterpack.com/r/38fgjt
    "The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." - John Muir

Images

I always used the online version to plan section hikes. Then I went and actually ordered the compact bound version for the hike if I needed it. I think that was sort of the intent of putting it online. I guess too many people were just printing it, cutting it to size, and avoiding paying for the nice bound version. They probably spent as much in ink and paper.. wear on the printer, and never even realized it. lol

Oh well, I've got plenty of old ones now to plan my section hikes..... and $10 is cheap enough for the latest version.

++ New Posts ++