WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Images

Sorry we missed you guys but we pulled into the parking lot around 10ish . We saw where you'll had signed the register and noticed Hobbs' absence , ( saw his post above ) .
    What a perfect day for a hike with magnificent clear blue skys overhead .
    My daughter would have loved to have met you crazy hikers I've told her about.

Anyway ,wished I could have joined you ,but having seen pictures of the knob my wife & daughter wanted to see it for themslves.

Hoping your trip was special and I'll catch you guys , and G'Roll on the next one.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
    Sorry guy's I couldn't get word fast enought to you...I am stuck in SC for the week...My brother and his wife are moveing and I came down to train and help and the Military and the apartment complex ****D up...I have to stay because he's a wounded warrior and needs the help..My appoligies..He and my sister inlaw are upset and I couldn't leave them to hang...This is the first chance I had at a computer...
    That's a bummer, Hobbs. Hey, when do you start your thruhike?

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    That's a bummer, Hobbs. Hey, when do you start your thruhike?
    cookerhiker got worse we got the apartment key's and the range is busted...Ya I guess they figured a military guy would just suck it up..Wrong.Now a Jag lawyer will be with us tomm..I start April 4th..Staying at a camp in GA prior to my hike...But for my penance I asked Graceful Roll and whoever went hiking if I can take them all to Homeplace before I leave on my hike..Free meal on me..JohnnyBGoode also if he can make it and You as well if you have the time....Jersey Dave if he can be spared from work...
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

cookerhiker got worse we got the apartment key's and the range is busted...Ya I guess they figured a military guy would just suck it up..Wrong.Now a Jag lawyer will be with us tomm..I start April 4th..Staying at a camp in GA prior to my hike...But for my penance I asked Graceful Roll and whoever went hiking if I can take them all to Homeplace before I leave on my hike..Free meal on me..JohnnyBGoode also if he can make it and You as well if you have the time....Jersey Dave if he can be spared from work...
    I'll be closer to you Roanoke guys around the 30th and 31st but not close enough. I'm leaving March 30 for a little reconnoitering in WV along the Allegheny Trail corridor and to drop off some supply boxes. Planning to start hiking it on April 5 but have to go up to NJ for a family wedding first on April 3.

Anyway, best of luck on your thruhike and sorry again about the snafus in SC.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    I'll be closer to you Roanoke guys around the 30th and 31st but not close enough. I'm leaving March 30 for a little reconnoitering in WV along the Allegheny Trail corridor and to drop off some supply boxes. Planning to start hiking it on April 5 but have to go up to NJ for a family wedding first on April 3.

Anyway, best of luck on your thruhike and sorry again about the snafus in SC.
    Thanks cookerhiker..Hope you have a great hike and you know your part of the Roanoke crew like dave and Kerosene and JohnnyBGoode now...Always a spot whenever we all get together...Oh tell Dance's with scarfe's I read her book and it was good thanks..
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

Images

We had a wonderful time and missed your company. You missed Hikerhead's drunken renditions of Motown/howling at the giant moon/deaf cat cries.

Homeplace sounds good
    Man is only half himself,
    The other half is a bright thing.
    He tumbles on by luck or grace,
    For man is ever a blind thing.

...Oh tell Dance's with scarfe's I read her book and it was good thanks....
    Will do - thanks!

I just woke up, yeah it was a good hike. GRoll is well on to the road to recovery, she did good. Sat was just an awesome day and that moon coming up over the ridgeline sat night, it looked like the ridgeline was on fire. Sat started off nice and cool and we got drizzled on just a little towards the end. We saw a few hawks but no animals. Tell us when and where Hobbs, I'll be there. Sorry we missed you JohnnyBGood, I hope your hike was a good one. It was a circus up there on McAfee.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GracefulRoll View Post
    You missed Hikerhead's drunken renditions of Motown/howling at the giant moon/deaf cat cries.
    Hikerhead...drunk??? Who woulda thunk? Now deaf cat dries I can believe.
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Images

Pictures..... we need pictures, stills will do, if ya have video can you upload it without the sound? ......... deaf cat cries?

Glad ya had a good time, I was stuck in NJ so I made the best of it and did another few miles from Culvers to Brink and back. Beautiful day for a hike. My hike was fairly uneventful though. Other than a couple deer, a squirrel, some hawks, and lunch at the shelter..... nothing much happened...... no deaf cats to be seen..... or heard.
    YOURSELF Find, Know, Be

click HERE to become rich!

i guess i stayd ahead of all yall.. victory 21st bday cervza at rancho right as the rain startd on sunday i stayd at lamberst meadow shelter saterday night left early.. anywho lots of people on trail.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by d.o.c View Post
    i guess i stayd ahead of all yall.. victory 21st bday cervza at rancho right as the rain startd on sunday i stayd at lamberst meadow shelter saterday night left early.. anywho lots of people on trail.
    LOL We camped not far from Lambert's Saturday night. I'm surprised you didn't hear us all singing Motown Classics.

Oh, and we had celebration BBQ at 3 Little Pigs I was thinking Rancho, but BBQ was decided Saturday morning.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Last edited by GracefulRoll; 03-21-2011 at 16:27. Reason: forgot to say something

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydave View Post
    Pictures..... we need pictures, stills will do, if ya have video can you upload it without the sound? ......... deaf cat cries?

Glad ya had a good time, I was stuck in NJ so I made the best of it and did another few miles from Culvers to Brink and back. Beautiful day for a hike. My hike was fairly uneventful though. Other than a couple deer, a squirrel, some hawks, and lunch at the shelter..... nothing much happened...... no deaf cats to be seen..... or heard.
    We didn't see many furry animals. We saw a lot of buzzards, though, and one or two hawks.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybgood View Post
    Sorry we missed you guys but we pulled into the parking lot around 10ish . We saw where you'll had signed the register and noticed Hobbs' absence , ( saw his post above ) .
    What a perfect day for a hike with magnificent clear blue skys overhead .
    My daughter would have loved to have met you crazy hikers I've told her about.

Anyway ,wished I could have joined you ,but having seen pictures of the knob my wife & daughter wanted to see it for themslves.

Hoping your trip was special and I'll catch you guys , and G'Roll on the next one.
    Oh man! You were here? Sucks. We left the parking lot at 9:15ish. That's too bad. What time did you get to McAfee's?

Images

JohnnyBGood and DOC, sorry we missed you! It was a great albeit tiring hike! And Hobbs, yes, we will take you up on the Homeplace!!
    Reader's Digest Version:
    Graceful Roll was a hiking machine!!
    We had Blue Collar Joe's Donuts on top of McAfee's Knob!
    Met a family from NY who came down just to hike in that area for the weekend
    Met 2 retired men from my homeland in KY who hiked 5 miles in 2 days because they were just taking their time not because that was their limit. (I envied them!)
    Graceful Roll used a hammock for the first time
    We saw the awesome full moon come up over the ridge that was beautimous!
    Motown karoke.
    Saw some amazing overlooks on day 2 as well.
    Hikerhead left some pepperoni for them on the overlook where we had lunch
    Dragged our tired butts into Daleville for BBQ at 3 Lil Pigs.
    I tried out some new boots - Day 1 was great, Day was like walking barefoot. My search for the perfect hiking boot continues.
    I think we were in bed by 10:00 on Sunday night
    Monday morning - I think we were all walking like Frankenstein because of the soreness.
    Bottom line - it was a GREAT weekend

Remember...I want the Soul Train CD set for X-mas. The one that "Smoke" advertises on TV.

did any of you stop at the shelter that day/night we got there and saw some people but noone said anything to us we were drinkn whiskey ourselves.....And thanks for the Bday wishs

Quote Originally Posted by d.o.c View Post
    did any of you stop at the shelter that day/night we got there and saw some people but noone said anything to us we were drinkn whiskey ourselves.....And thanks for the Bday wishs
    We blue blazed around Tinker CLiffs and the shelter. Came out at Lamberts Meadow around 10am Sunday morning. I hope you had a good B-day.

Quote Originally Posted by J5man View Post
    ...Met a family from NY who came down just to hike in that area for the weekend...
    If only Jersey Dave knew about them - there was his ride!

Images

Don -- consider yourself marked off on my x-mas list for "bought, done, wrapped, and tagged."

Jeff, if you made it to 10:00, my applause to you. I sat down on my bed, iced and soaked my feet (I swear I think they are full of Fluff), and was out cold by 9:00.

Next stop: Homeplace!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
++ New Posts ++