WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default New to the forum

Hello,

As stated in the topic, I am new to the forum. I love nature and hiking, but no one else that I know in my area does or they're "too busy" to go enjoy the wonders of nature.

I'm a 20 year old male, about to be 21, weigh around 105 and am about 5 foot 8. I have always loved the great outdoors, but just recently started looking into Appalachian Trail, as well as, looking for others. Anyway, hoping to meet some other with he same interest(s) and eventually get on some trails.

Welcome. Read up on the articles and try a section. Once you start to walk you will meet some good people.
    "Today I have grown taller from walking with the trees." Karle Wilson Baker

Welcome to WB and the world of AT hiking! You'll find a plethora of info and lots of folks here willing to help. Hope you're on the AT or some other good trail soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pepsiblast08 View Post
    Hello,

As stated in the topic, I am new to the forum. I love nature and hiking, but no one else that I know in my area does or they're "too busy" to go enjoy the wonders of nature.

I'm a 20 year old male, about to be 21, weigh around 105 and am about 5 foot 8. I have always loved the great outdoors, but just recently started looking into Appalachian Trail, as well as, looking for others. Anyway, hoping to meet some other with he same interest(s) and eventually get on some trails.
    Read this. The best trail journal I've ever read. Funny and insightful. Recommended to me by someone on this site. Excellent.

http://skwc.com/exile/Hail-nf.html
    "May the Road Rise to Meet You"- The Wolfe Tones

Thanks for all the friendly welcomes. I'll be sure to check out that journal.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pepsiblast08 View Post
    Hello,

maybe this jumped out at me, but at your wieght, you may want to check with a physician before a long distance hike, as they can be calorically challenging for some (ive got a emergency fuel tank fit for a good month of calorically deplete conditions).

once you do have fun. there is some good hiking in Texas, especially at Big Bend.
    im sure there is plenty of hikers from Texas, i know two a couple of thru hikers from last year who are Texans.

Have fun!
    YOUTUBE: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMDkRcGP1yP20SOD-oiSGcQ
    Instagram: DIGGER_PCT_2016
    twitter: @takethisbread
    AT 2x, LT, JMT, CT, Camino, Ireland Coast to Coast, HWT, WT, NET, NST, PCT

++ New Posts ++