WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default How to get to North Springs MARTA?

I am coming in on the Greyhound. And I am reading that the Greyhound bus station is within sight of the entrance of the MARTA station. This is Garnett Station. Has anyone taken this way before. Garnett station to North Springs?
    How far is the greyhound from Garnett station? Hard to miss?

I am getting picked up by the folks at hiker hostel and the pick up is North springs. Any thing I should be aware of?

Cheers.

It is easy walking distance. I think 1 block. Ask a person at the ticketing counter and they can point you to it. You will want to make sure you take the NW line to North Springs. Trains going north alternate between North Springs line and Doraville line. If you happen to get on a Doraville train, you can get off at any of stations before or at Linburg Station and catch the next train. The trains have Doraville or N. Springs on the front car. Trains run about every 4 minutes during weekday business hours and about every 10 minutes evenings and weekends. Travel time from Garnett to N. Springs is about 35 min.
    ----------------
    SMHC Trail Maintainer
    Volunteer in the Park (VIP) GSMNP

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

I went to North Springs High School. That is not relevant to this thread. I'm just saying.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

I get riled up everytime someone posts how dangerous ATL is near the airport, but I wouldn't hang around Garnett Street too long. It's a couple of turns around the block...you can see that on google maps and will take you less than 5 minutes walking. Just pay attention to your surroundings, like when you are in any unfamiliar place. Like the previous poster mentioned, just make sure you are on the correct train. Just b/c it's going NOBO doesn't mean it will get you to N Springs. Just listen for the lovely voice once you are on board.

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

Beware the tough streets of Dahlonega. You could get hit by a pickup truck.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

When you get off the bus, the stairway to the Marta is right there as you get off. Once you get to the top, look for the Northbound Train. Thats North Spring. The trains run every 15 minutes or so. You wont have to wait long...

Graywolf
    "So what if theres a mountain, get over it!!!" - Graywolf, 2010

++ New Posts ++