WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by LoneRidgeRunner View Post
    NO!! I am NOT a Smokies ridge runner...I picked that wb user-name before I realized it was considered a "trail cop" and I don't give a rat's ass who has or smokes pot in the Smokies or any where else..*******...Hell. I like my weed myself ... so before you go jumping to conclusions keep using your food bag for a pillow and hopefully you'll be the SOB who gets a big fine in the Smkies or better yet your fool head chewed off by either a big damned shelter at or a bear after your GD food ! Put that in your pipe and smoke it you smart assed sob !!!

From reading your post sounds like you might need to go partake in your extra curriculum activities a little more. BY the way who pissed in your cereal today?, how do you know I'm a SOB? you know nothing about my mother.
    Not so sure here either, but think you might be past the TOS rules with your wise comments about others in this thread.

By the way your wife cheat on you or was that your BF is that why your so mad???? I mean.... your the one that said you've done your fare share of "time" must have dropped the soap a few times huh.......
    I don't know

Images

thread down in 3.....2....
    If you find yourself in a fair fight; your tactics suck.

Journal Entries
    Images

I hang my food when at the shelters, other than that I DID NOT hang my food. I'm still here to talk about it.......... heck it was nice to roll over and eat then climb out the sleeping bag. At times there was three or more of us that slept with our food in the same camp. WOooo it was so so scary tooo
    I don't know

Journal Entries
    Images

Pfff yeah thanks to LRR
    I don't know

Think I'll go hiking--way too much drama on here.

Journal Entries
    Images

Every year this same topic comes up about a bear in that area. You think folks that are planning to hike in the surrounding area would know this by now.

Then we some person on here that thinks all should get tickets for anothers mistake.
    I don't know

This thread reminds me of a middle schoolers facebook page.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    This thread reminds me of a middle schoolers facebook page.
    hahahahahahahaha

Images

I'll sleep with my food 90% of the time in my pack ... don't like it? ... go find another area to camp ... bring that attitude into the backcountry and you'll likely not make it to the next trailhead ... just sayin ... you internet tough guys crack me up ...
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...06485526057330

Facebook Group - Appalachian trail hiker's

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by darkage View Post
    True that, you get more action .... unless, well ... yeah not the forums for that. LRR would know what i mean ... lmao

That's to funny
    I don't know

Images

It's just typing.

Ain't all that serious.

Registered User LoneRidgeRunner's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by blitz1 View Post
    one more thought people may want to keep in mind when thinking about whether to hang their food bags - when the GSMNP has "problem bears" that are raiding campgrounds and such, they trank them and carry them far away from the GSMNP, and release them in other wilderness areas, some of which aren't too far from the AT (or so I'm told by my uncle in TN). If those bears happen to come along your campsite, and they smell food in your tent, they just may not care that much that you happen to be there too. I'm not trying to be alarmist here, but hey, you're really taking chances sleeping with your food in bear country. most of the time you'll get away with it, but why take chances?? It's just not that much effort to hang it. And maybe you'll save a bears life, if not your own (highly unlikely anyone will be attacked of course)
    Well said blitz...and a bear's life is much more valuable than some of the posters on this thread ...LOL..

On my first overnight canoe expedition 30+ years ago it was not a bear but a mouse that chewed a whole in the side of my tent to get at something to eat. That was one of those $20 orange things with the blue plastic floor, no big thing, but still a whole in my tent. Todays gear is a lot better and more expensive, but HYOH.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    It's just typing.

Ain't all that serious.

I know I'm not going to lose any sleep over this, heck I might just eat me some food in the middle of the night. Glad I wont have to get up to do so
    I don't know

Images

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralLee10 View Post
    I know I'm not going to lose any sleep over this, heck I might just eat me some food in the middle of the night. Glad I wont have to get up to do so
    hahahahahaha

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by will1972 View Post
    I understand what your thinking about the bear. But that area is probably the most hiked section of the A.T. which means more people period. Don't blame the overnight and distance hikers with causing this problem. It's just that this section has a lot of stuff that get dropped and the bears have found that out.Sometimes you have to have a thick skin on here. We all get ticked, but it's not worth getting worked up over.
    Oh so true
    I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralLee10 View Post
    Forget the bears....after having fire ants eat through my footprint and tent floor ...I don't leave anything in my tent in Florida. Lucky they don't like mountains.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Images

If I were trying to bait bears I'd hang some food up high in a tree...

If a bear isn't afraid to come into your tent, attack you and take your food why wouldn't the bear attack you and take your food at any other time????

for the record, i don't hang my food. if someone thinks that a little ol bear is gonna take my food, then you haven't met bella. and you're surefire right i don't hang my food because i'm lazy. why the hell would i stand there and throw a rock at a tree limb like a retard when i don't have to? that's just, well, retarded.

Images

The bear last year on Blood Mountain was actually cutting bear lines. That's a smart bear!! I think he's dead now though...or so I heard. I would never camp on Blood Mountain in March anyways. There was also a rumor that a bear was climbing trees, then leaping off of the trunk and grabbing bear bags. I'm more of a fan of using the bear hangers at shelters if they're available. And would probably just avoid the areas with problem bears. There's no lack of information or communication while on the AT, use this to your advantage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++