WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Talking Over extended trekker hiking staff

I recently purchased a pair of Trekker hiking staffs from Cabelas. This morning before starting a day long geocaching hike I over extended the upper section of the staff. I did not pull it completely out but went past the stop mark by a couple of inches. Before I try to force it back together I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I searched some other threads but couldn't find anything. Thanks
    " Take nothing but memories, kill nothing but time, leave nothiing but goodwill."

Images

Does it not go back in easily? You might have to loosen it in the normal fashion.

I've pulled my Leki antishock poles past the line....well, almost every time I extend them. I've completely pulled the bottoms out of my Gossamer Gear LT4's.

At worst, you pull it all the way out and have to deal with the antishock system...maybe...I don't know what that system looks like yet. Lots of poles are designed so that you can replace the tensioner, which requires pulling the bottom completely out. Your poles don't have that antishock system, so it should be easy if it comes completely apart.

You should have nothing to worry about. Below is a video from the good people at Leki concerning taking your poles apart and cleaning them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZoDsnZi0Ek

-Donnie

++ New Posts ++