WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Since I'm a big craft beer enthusiast I have made a sheet of some of the breweries that can be reached while hiking along the AT.

I will personally try to hit up a fair amount of them on my thru-hike this year.

I know there are plenty of other breweries along the way aswell, my first excel sheet had over 450 breweries on it.
    But I decided to not include some of the smallest ones.

Breweries
    Last edited by Godistrolling; 01-22-2019 at 16:45.

You may strike some deals soon.

Apparently, due to the (partial) government shutdown, breweries are unable to get labeling approved for their seasonal brews. Even if it it all ended tomorrow, there's a backlog for approvals. As a result, I suspect a lot of breweries are sitting on a lot of beer that they would like to get some $$ out of rather than just pour out. Stuff's not good forever. Watch for clearance sales! Think globally, hike regionally, drink locally?

The new hot spot on the AT is The Station at 19E craft beer pub/hostel/music hall in Roan Mountain, TN just .4 miles off the trail.
    Purchase a Craft Beer, Appetizer or Bunk for a 2019 Thru Hiker. We will put your number on the board. When a hiker comes in we put their trail name next to the number, take their picture and post it on Facebook so you can see who you purchased the item for.
    Follow the following link:
    http://www.squareup.com/store/thestationat19e
    Station Logo final.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by doeriverhikerrest View Post
    The new hot spot on the AT is The Station at 19E craft beer pub/hostel/music hall in Roan Mountain, TN just .4 miles off the trail.
    Purchase a Craft Beer, Appetizer or Bunk for a 2019 Thru Hiker. We will put your number on the board. When a hiker comes in we put their trail name next to the number, take their picture and post it on Facebook so you can see who you purchased the item for.
    Follow the following link:
    http://www.squareup.com/store/thestationat19e
    Station Logo final.jpg
    Based on one post spammed across several boards here I don't know if I am ready to make a donation... yet. However, you did get me to check out your website/IG/Facebook/Airbnb and it looks like you guys have built quite a loyal following over the last year.

Live music, good beer, happy people, clean bunks, free shuttle, and a bad ass social media manager.... I predict you guys will become a fixture on the AT.

Bump your posts about the donations again in March (when hiking fever starts to hit). I always enjoy donating to local places in trail towns I run across on the CDT and AZT so a hiker can get a pizza or few beers. Why not do the same for someone on the AT.

I understand you thoughts on the Spamming, but I've figured something out in my short time servicing the AT community. If you give back to the AT it will reciprocate in the strangest ways. If you take from the AT it will kick your back side. Part of a hostel's existence must contain a level of trail magic. If it doesn't then it will not survive, plus it just feels like the right thing to do. It's like giving Christmas gifts. My hostel has been built by generous hikers and this is my way of giving back to them and allowing other's that may not have the opportunity to do so as well (even sitting in W. Texas). The community of Roan Mountain has worked extremely hard to become the friendliest hiker community on the AT. First by gaining 41st AT community status, free shuttles to town and Hiker Paloosa this May 4th. We are always trying to find ways to give back to hikers.

2019 hiker board1.jpg
    The board thus far. The goal is at a minimum a beer for each hiker that comes through.

Devil's backbone lets you camp there, which is nice.

My favorite brewery on the trail was a place called Rushing Duck Brewing in NY. Required a hitch, but was totally worth it! There's a ice cream stand off the trail that I was able to convince someone at to take me there, and once at the taproom it's easy to talk to people to get a ride back.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by doeriverhikerrest View Post
    I understand you thoughts on the Spamming, but I've figured something out in my short time servicing the AT community. If you give back to the AT it will reciprocate in the strangest ways. If you take from the AT it will kick your back side. Part of a hostel's existence must contain a level of trail magic. If it doesn't then it will not survive, plus it just feels like the right thing to do. It's like giving Christmas gifts. My hostel has been built by generous hikers and this is my way of giving back to them and allowing other's that may not have the opportunity to do so as well (even sitting in W. Texas). The community of Roan Mountain has worked extremely hard to become the friendliest hiker community on the AT. First by gaining 41st AT community status, free shuttles to town and Hiker Paloosa this May 4th. We are always trying to find ways to give back to hikers.
    Keep up your great work. Lots of positive comments about The Station AT 19e....even as far north as Vermont !!!
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

I'm from NH 30 years. Look forward to visiting you next time I'm north!

When you compile a complete list can you please post? Thanks.

Had to give these guys a shout out. Franklin North Carolina, resupply town with hostel, reasonable hitch just before winding stair gap. Friendly town, fun gem museum. I stumbled in there during their fall festival weekend. Liked it so much I bought the hat!

http://lazyhikerbrewing.com/?age-verified=b71854420e

Default Liked their beer.

The Wesser Evil Porter is great. Can't wait to get back to the So. Appalachians for hiking and to try a few more brews. For research purposes.

http://lazyhikerbrewing.com/?age-verified=b71854420e
    [/QUOTE]

Wanted to update you on our progress. The board is up to 75 items and growing everyday. We have had special request as well. One is to give a bunk, beer and food to a hiker that really needs it. Another request for a dedication for a fallen soldier. I also had a hiker from last year have me give a return hiker $50 because that's what he needed. The trail provides. Thank you to all that have participated this far and those that haven't here's the link http://www.squareup.com/store/thestationat19eClick image for larger version.
    hiker board1.jpg

It went viral. Total of 690 items this season with some saved for the SOBO's. Have to show them some love to. During the Bristol Nascar race the owners of dewalt tools and ace hardware came in with their 20 execs. They purchased $600 worth of trail magic. It's been fun and a win win.

Appalachian Grail Brewing Co will probably have beer sometime in March. At Winding Stair Gap, head West toward Hayesville, NC about 14.5mi downhill. Beer available upstairs at winery tasting room. Currently only open Fri-Sat until spring when open days will expand.

Add these to the list. Info is 5 years old but many listed.

https://thetrek.co/the-appalachian-trail-pub-crawl/

Saw Damascus Brewery in Abingdon. Not sure if they are affiliated.
    https://damascusinn.com/damascus-brewery/
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........
    Travel not for the destination, but for the joy of the journey.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++