WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

If you knew the other forums out there and what a pain they are not only to get into but with rules and regs up to the kazoo and with zippo info and / or dead as anything you'd happily donate and be thankful too that WB is here

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

I was a donating member. And will be again as long as some moderators (OK maybe only one) starts using a more "moderate" tact and doesn't show bias in what he/she deletes and allows. For example, Weary seems to be able to get political posts by the mods. Of course, if a mod has the same political bent, he/she may be unaware.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    If you knew the other forums out there and what a pain they are not only to get into but with rules and regs up to the kazoo and with zippo info and / or dead as anything you'd happily donate and be thankful too that WB is here
    I notice you are not listed as a donating member.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by nufsaid View Post
    I notice you are not listed as a donating member.

I am or I couldn't post a picture in my avatar.

Honey woo

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    I am or I couldn't post a picture in my avatar.

Honey woo

JohnnyJohnson and Weary are listed as donating members. And you ain't honey. And Weary has an avatar as well as being listed as a DM. Did you only give $5?

Maybe there is tiered pricing for membership?

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

If your name appears in green, it means donating member. Like Blissful. And, nufsaud, please watch your tone with lady of the house.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    If your name appears in green, it means donating member. Like Blissful. And, nufsaud, please watch your tone with lady of the house.
    Looks like there are a number of ways to denote a donating member. I notice your name does not appear in green. And I don't like your tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    But you do have an avatar. Even though your name does not appear in green. ??????

Lightbulb

I just donated a few days ago so I could have my name in green with that cool logo underneath it. You know the one... "Donating Member" plus like Blissful said, I got to add my own pic as my avatar! Plus, I am always making errors in my posts so it is nice that I can now edit them.

And even though it was only $10, I am very happy to give my money to WB. Hey I am sure it will go towards something good!
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

JohnnyJohnson and Weary are listed as donating members. And you ain't honey. And Weary has an avatar as well as being listed as a DM. Did you only give $5?
    Cripe man...give it a rest. She donates. Has her name in green and can edit.
    Are you gong to call her a booger head next?
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Journal Entries
    Images

Mags the whole thing is posted in becoming a member - why not close the thread.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Cripe man...give it a rest. She donates. Has her name in green and can edit.
    Are you gong to call her a booger head next?
    Mags, give it a rest. Do you agree that the ways to denote donating members are not consistent? I have no problem with Blissful. If fact if you would check with her you may find that we have conversed before about beagles. I never called her any names. I did say honey as she used it in her reply to me.

Mags, you may want to read the entire thread before posting.

Mags, do you agree that your statement "Are you gong to call her a booger head next? " is juvenile at best? And coming from a moderator no less.

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    All it takes is $10 a year -- less than a third of a cent per day -- and you can edit all you want.
    You should go back and edit that post............
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

And Mags, you have an avatar but your name ain't in green.

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

I notice your name does not appear in green.
    Nor yours.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Here's an idea. Raise the donation to $20 and let members edit each other's posts. Whiteblaze could make a fortune on this thread alone!

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Mags the whole thing is posted in becoming a member - why not close the thread.
    Good idea...

To sum it up: Pay $10 and you can edit, have your name in green, and have an avatar photo.

'Nuff said.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++