WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default My Update from the Trail

In case anyone was interested I am currently in progress of my 2011 thru-hike! =) Right now I am in Damascus library updating some stuff and thought I would make a quick post to let everyone know how its going. Absolutely LOVING it so far. Highlights include: Roan Highlands, Bob Peoples and the Kincora Hostel in general, also Standing Bear Hostel was fantastic and just all the amazing people on the trail so far.

Started March 3rd and am averaging just under 15mpd. Weather has been amazing for the most part. Got super lucky coming through the Smokys as it was 65ish and sunny almost every day. Recently has been a bit more hectic. Several days of snow as well as a random 85 degree day yesterday. However when I woke up this morning in Abingdon Shelter it was snowing! Talk about a crazy temperature swing.

Also I have been dubbed "Ghost" on the trail. If anyone is further interested in my progress check out my trail journal at www.trailjournals.com/tbedick I keep it real up to date via my iPhone.

Later, for now!
    -Ghost-

Working on Forestry Grad schol

keep on enjoying it

Images

Awesome!!! I hope your trek remains just as wonderful! Funky weather aside.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Enjoy!.....

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

perfect start. you should be gosty.
    matthewski

Did you end up bringing the zero* bag or the warm weather bag with the liner? Have you slept comfortably?

Are you liking the atmos 50? I just got one and haven't done any real miles with it yet. I'm planning on taking that from greylock to katahdyn and would appreciate your thoughts on it.

I'm rooting for ya, and glad to hear you are having such a great time. Godspeed Ghost!
    Because I found a home in haunts which others scorned, the partial wood-gods granted me the freedom of their state, and chiefest prize found I true liberty, the home of homes plain dealing Nature gave

Images

Ended up taking the zero degree bag and definitely glad I did. 40 with the liner wouldnt have been enough. There have been some cold and snowy nights! Been sleeping very comfortably in the zero degree.

I am loving my Atmos 50. Absolutely no issues with it at all. Super comfy carrying my 35lbs or so of gear and should only get more comfortable once I drop my winter stuff in Bland, VA.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Ended up taking the zero degree bag and definitely glad I did. 40 with the liner wouldnt have been enough. There have been some cold and snowy nights! Been sleeping very comfortably in the zero degree.

I am loving my Atmos 50. Absolutely no issues with it at all. Super comfy carrying my 35lbs or so of gear and should only get more comfortable once I drop my winter stuff in Bland, VA.
    Don't drop too much stuff, you can still get cold until May. I've seen 20s in SNP in late April

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Have fun Tea, there's a lot of cool stuff ahead!

++ New Posts ++