WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Proof is off the Trail in Erwin TN

Proof, AKA "Proof of Life", a nobo, ended up in the hospital in Erwin last night and needed surgery. He is recovering and his parents are with him, but he will be out of commission at least 4 weeks. (I work with his future bro-in-law--I'll be heading sobo in midJune and was hoping to cross paths with him). Best wishes for his speedy convalescence!

This side of the dirt
    Images

Hosptial stay due to medical or trail injury?

- best of luck to him
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed, is more important than any other one thing." Abraham Lincoln (1855)

bleeding ulcer is what I heard

Images

Ouch, sorry to hear that.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Wow that's too bad. But four weeks and at Erwin, he should be able to get back on and make it ok if his health is ok

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

i loved rangeley! but i don't live there.
    Images

oh no =( one of my friends, nocello, was hiking with him. said they had an awesome stay at elmer's in hot springs. sad to hear.
    "i ain't got a dime
    but what i got is mine
    i ain't rich,
    but Lord, i'm free."

count our blessings ya'll and hike while you can. get well soon kid
    Those that danced were thought mad by those who could not hear the music. George Carlin

bummer....is he in hospital in Erwin or Johnson City?

bleeding ulcer nothing to play around with, best of luck to him, recovering more important than a thru hike, the trail will still be there

I can relate. Always a major disappointment when you have to get off the trail for any reason. Best of luck to Proof. Amazing how quickly that pre-op disappointment turns into post-op determination though. A month is not an eternity and I am sure he will even be able to complete his thru-hike this year if he so chooses. see ya out there.

Had the pleasure of meeting Proof on April 4 at Street Gap, where class of 2010 thru hikers, Frisbee and Biscuit were making trail magic.

Very nice guy. Enjoyed my short conversation with him and wish him a speedy recovery.

Update on Proof--he's back home, feeling better, but unfortunately is a bit limited in his diet. The quote I heard from his brother-in-law-to-be was, "I just get this chicken soup?!". He still has his hiker appetite...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rukymoss View Post
    Update on Proof--he's back home, feeling better, but unfortunately is a bit limited in his diet. The quote I heard from his brother-in-law-to-be was, "I just get this chicken soup?!". He still has his hiker appetite...
    poor guy, give him two bowls

speedy recovery
    If you find yourself in a fair fight; your tactics suck.

Images

WOW, ulcer on the most relaxed trail out there?

That sucks. Hope he makes a fast recovery!

Default Thats what i get for leaving a comrad behind

Yo Proof, what happened? i heard the news along my way and i feel kinda bad for leaving you in Erwin. i can just imagine rusty medical tools and rockgut whiskey for the pain. But i wish you were still out here, you were a good hiking bud and youi will be missed. let me know about your progress! txt me yo number 276 466 6204 we will try to keep up. I really hope the pizza buffet had nothing to do with this. but you will be in my thoughts the rest of the way. here goes Va!

[QUOTE=jayoung;1145318]Yo Proof, what happened? i heard the news along my way and i feel kinda bad for leaving you in Erwin. i can just imagine rusty medical tools and rockgut whiskey for the pain. But i wish you were still out here, you were a good hiking bud and youi will be missed. let me know about your progress! txt me yo number 276 466 6204 we will try to keep up. I really hope the pizza buffet had nothing to do with this. but you will be in my thoughts the rest of the way. here goes Va!

Much love and respect,

Nocello

Yo Proof, what happened? i heard the news along my way and i feel kinda bad for leaving you in Erwin. i can just imagine rusty medical tools and rockgut whiskey for the pain. But i wish you were still out here, you were a good hiking bud and youi will be missed. let me know about your progress! txt me yo number 276 466 6204 we will try to keep up. I really hope the pizza buffet had nothing to do with this. but you will be in my thoughts the rest of the way. here goes Va![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jayoung;1145323]Yo Proof, what happened? i heard the news along my way and i feel kinda bad for leaving you in Erwin. i can just imagine rusty medical tools and rockgut whiskey for the pain. But i wish you were still out here, you were a good hiking bud and youi will be missed. let me know about your progress! txt me yo number 276 466 6204 we will try to keep up. I really hope the pizza buffet had nothing to do with this. but you will be in my thoughts the rest of the way. here goes Va!

Much love and respect,

Nocello

++ New Posts ++