WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Lightweight Headlamp

I stumbled upon this a few days ago, and thought I'd pass it along, to get some feedback.

http://www.mountainultralight.com/20...-headlamp.html

Did you get one?

Journal Entries
    Images

I have said this before...

1. Lithium batteries are hard to purchase even 10 miles from the trail
    2. AAA's are easier to get or find rechargable
    3. part of a good light has a deep reflector

Glad you found a light - light, but its not a fit for the AT trail IMO
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

..deep reflector?

Quote Originally Posted by pcasebere View Post
    ..deep reflector?
    gives you throw

Images

Useless to hike with, but if all you want it for is reading notes in camp, then it's perfect. I need roughly 100 lumens to hike without tripping over rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs4U View Post
    I was wandering about the output on this little bugger too. It looks essentially the same, but has three LEDs instead of one.. better efficiency, and more options (red light), but how does it do as mentioned above with night hiking?

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs4U View Post
    Don't bother. I got the last one for a "deal" (they gave me $15.00 off!) it's a real hassle. It does have a weird swivel thing, so putting in on the dark - it might be facing you ( very loose), not very bright at all, not good for hiking.
    ad astra per aspera

..I ended up buying one of these lights from Amazon.com.

When it got here I was happy to be able to see for myself how bright this little thing was, at least with full batteries -fully charged it's bright.. granted not enough for a night hike, but I didn't expect it to be, nor did I need it to be. Unfortunately I was unable to source 1/16" shock cord locally, but the light did come with thin cordage that (with some elbow grease) would serve the same purpose.. granted you have to do some threading of a needle and fishing of the cordage through the tiny piece of plastic to get the light to sit properly, but hey, use what you've got! Either way, I have to say at 0.3 oz. (8 g.), and plenty bright to cook by at night, walk around at festivals, and a dimmer feature that will be nice for in the tent while reading or what not, and a on/off switch that glows in the dark, it's quite the little light. So was it worth the $8 spent.. I do believe so, but only time will tell.

I own both of these lights and would buy them again.
    Had the Photon first- have used it for a couple of years section hikes. If going longer distance would put extra batteries in a bounce box and carry 1 set extra.
    I am going to try the bungee- wear on head option mentioned in the original post.

Got the Petzel e+light primairly for work. Now I carry it in my pack for trips. Small enough to wear around your neck when sleeping and when the sun is still up- forget I have it on.
    I like the clip- can be used to attach to your waist belt or a hat brim. Waist belt attachment lessens the light bobbing up and down while hiking.
    Low power red is good for night shelter use also.

++ New Posts ++