WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Windstopper Jackets

Hey fellas,

I'm looking to get a Windstopper jacket on clearance now that spring is here. What I'm looking for: A true windstopper shell, fairly lightweight for fall. I already have a good goretex heavyweight jacket, a goretex lightweight shell, a good fleece, and a down vest. Looking for something in between. Lightweight to midweight shell, doesn't have to be waterproof but water resistant would be nice. Also I don't want to spend much more than about 100 buckaroos. Any suggestions?

-Thanks

Images

I've got a Mountian Hardware Windstopper Tech & Synchro.Got the Synchro for town use&now the Tech goes on winter trips....

I've got a Marmot DriClime windshirt that I was going to sell, actually - but don't have enough posts!! Its an XL and I lost a bunch of weight, so its too big for me now. I only wore it once, its in new condition, perfect. Its 90 new, but I'll sell it for $60 shipped (in the US)

I found that I use my Marmot DriClime windshirt all the time. It packs up small, is lightweight and is very comfortable in a variety of weather conditions.

Looking for a comfortable cave to habitate jrwiesz's Avatar
    Images

Thumbs up #1

Marmot DriClime windshirt.

Nuf said.
    "For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    Carl Sagan

Another vote for the Driclime.

Anyone make the Liberty Ridge windshirt kit at Thru-Hiker?

Images

imo a "windstopper" fleece jacket is a waste of money. it's way too heavy for either product. get yourself a cheap windshirt. at 3-5ozs...
    " It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid." ~Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Eastcoastfeast, have you looked at some of the Montane or GoLite UL windstopper jackets and windshirts?

It really depends on what you are mainly looking to accomplish with a wind jacket. Even though I have two windshirts/jackets, one made by Marmot, the Marmot Ion, which I bought in winter for $12 on clearance!, and one made by Golite, the GoLite Wisp, which I think GoLite no longer makes or calls it that, I don't use them as much as I once did because technology has advanced to the pt where I can get a full rainjacket, like the Marmot Mica, that's decently breathable for only 3 or so ozs more that also doubles as my wind jacket! I only use my windshirts/jackets these days when layering or I'm positive NO RAIN is in the forecast.

I've since bought a Nike ACG windstopper jacket (I work for Nike, so I got a good deal). It's for around town, not for hiking. Thanks for all the input though!

Recently bought the GoLite Dakota Wind Shirt on sale for like $45 shipped. Real nice super light weight 3/4th zip jacket. Must note that I fluctuate between a small and a medium depending on the cut (i'm pretty slim), but the fit on this in a medium is fairly tight so sizing up wouldn't be a bad idea.

I just picked up a Marmot DriClime windshirt @ sunnysports.com for 58.00. Free shipping too!!!
    "Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet."
    -Thich Nhat Hahn

http://www.cranberrymountainlodge.com/

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838232611

Mammut Ultimate Hoody could be a awesome choice, very sharp look, lightweight design.

Windstopper jacket or waterproof depending on conditions. Windstopper is ideal for cold days, while a lightweight waterproof shell can always be carried in case of rain showers. Winter jackets will keep your body nice and warm but do remember to adequately protect other parts of your body.

Quote Originally Posted by SusanJoy View Post
    Windstopper jacket or waterproof depending on conditions. Windstopper is ideal for cold days, while a lightweight waterproof shell can always be carried in case of rain showers. Winter jackets will keep your body nice and warm but do remember to adequately protect other parts of your body.
    Always wear a cup!

++ New Posts ++