WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Registered User middle to middle's Avatar

I will pray for his soul and pray that I go that way.

t

Images

SO sorry for your loss. What an amazing man he must have been to be out and hiking the trail he loved at such a 'young' age. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

Images

I think I met him this year in GA. I remember commenting on his name, as I know the other "Model T". Sorry to hear of his passing.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family. He was amazing to be thru hiking at 70!

Bayou
    Journal Entries

Default Motel-T like the orig. model was a great guy.

I hiked with and stayed at a few shelters with Model-T, I even tryed calling him Model-T Jr., but it did not stick. I know he was enjoying the trail and loved hiking it. He was also looking forward to hiking and seeing a few of his children.

God, and my children know that I love the AT as did your Dad and would have no problem going to be with God right from the trail!

You Dad touched my life with only the limited time we knew each other.

God be with you and your Family!

Bayou

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Model Ts were special. It is fitting that he chose that trail name. You are fortunate, daughters, to have had such a man for your father. He was charming and witty and went the way each of us would prefer to go. Ooogah, ooogah, Model T!--Kinnickinic
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Images

There is a road
    no simple highway
    between the dawn
    and the dark of night
    and if you go
    no one may follow
    that path is for
    your steps alone

I have often thought of this lyric from a Grateful Dead song when one of my friends passes- I think it would be descriptive of Model T
    passing
    my condolences

Hillbilly

Journal Entries

He was the man He was respected and loved by many of the trail community my deepest sympathy for your loss, his memories in my mind will always be joyful.

My condolences to you and your family. I stayed the night at the Cold Spring shelter with your father. It was cold and very rainy. Everyone went to bed early, and I'm now sorry that I didn't get more of a chance to talk with him. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time
    HF>Kent '07
    Springer>Gatlinburg '11

I was on the AT and was at Silers Bald Shelter with your dad on Wed April 6 . He stopped and ate Lunch and didnt speak allot. The weather had been tough and the trail Muddy! He checked his maps and moved on! On Friday April 8 My son and Checked into the Grand Prix in Gatlinburg. I spoke with Model T and shook his hand, he was headed up town last I saw him. I am proud to have met him! My deepest sympathy to you and your familly

Safe in the Harbour - Eric Bogle.
    I recently heard this song at a men's meeting for my church. It categorizes three types of men: Sailors, dreamers, and schemers. I believe Model T was at the helm of his own ship when it entered the still waters of the safe harbour.

http://www.ildb.info/Eric+Bogle-Safe...249-a5261.html
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

I was very sad to learn of Model T's Passing yesterday while on the trail. He and I hiked together from Carter Gap to the NOC. If there is anything i can do while out here on the trail please do not hesitate to let me know

My most sincere condolences to the family and friends of Model-T. I feel very fortunate for the time I got to spend with him on the trail, in and around shelters as well as in towns. He was positive, upbeat and always seemed to wear a smile. We shared many Stories over meals at NOC as well as Fontana Lodge. I will truly miss Model-T.

I have many photos of Model-T enjoying his hike on the AT. If any family members would like a copy please let me know.

Brett (Fortis M80)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post
    Sorry for your loss. I hope being able to die doing what he loved offers some consolation. Seems to be a rough year. This is the 3rd death I'm aware of on the AT since Feb.
    My condolences. I didn't have the pleasure of meeting him. He was just a couple of days behind me it seems. Not to thread jack, but Rockhound, care to share who the others were? PM is fine or a new thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++