WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

meh, i bare my heart to anyone or device or pet that will listen. thank god for the jenn farr. for now on i want everyone to refer to jen as the jenn farr.

how you likeing the jenn farr?eh?

so, the jenn farrr hikes well?

and so? where is the jenn farr today my friend?

ah yes, the jenn farr, she is fast the jenn farr. that she is.

jose? come see! its the jenn farr! she comes this way way!

ahh...the jenn farr. see way. the jenn far she is good.
    matthewski

Her right to run the AT ends were my right to walk it begins.

At this point I wish her the best......but the second I hear either her or her support crew interfere with or use more than her share of the trail then my opinion might change.

Impact to other hikers should be near zero.......

SOBO she should out distance them with in a day......

NOBO she should blast past in nothing flat....

I imagine her support crew will be more of an issue. Depends on the amount that they interfere with others as they set up and tear down every night.

I would like to think that they would make an effort to minimize their impact on others enjoying the trail.......but you never know......I have met some of these people who can be very inconsiderate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone View Post
    Her right to run the AT ends were my right to walk it begins.

At this point I wish her the best......but the second I hear either her or her support crew interfere with or use more than her share of the trail then my opinion might change.

Impact to other hikers should be near zero.......

SOBO she should out distance them with in a day......

NOBO she should blast past in nothing flat....

I imagine her support crew will be more of an issue. Depends on the amount that they interfere with others as they set up and tear down every night.

I would like to think that they would make an effort to minimize their impact on others enjoying the trail.......but you never know......I have met some of these people who can be very inconsiderate.
    i heard they all have degrees in being polite and friendly. i heard they won awards for non iterfearence. i read in the sunday new york times that the support team for the jenn farr were instumental in pushing hiker rights and have actually testified before congress on stepping aside and letting hikers go first. her team wrote the hikers first not runnes bill of rights. what the heck did you hear?
    matthewski

[stepping out into the opinion arena]

It is just me, or is there a smell of jealousy in the air?

[/stepping out]

Driver8 I'm glad we agree on some things.

Whether or not someone was contracted to cover a story on Pharr is irrelevant.

Yes, Pharr can respond in theory, but how would she even know about the content of this thread? I hope Hoop emailed her directly to notify her of his comments here on Whiteblaze, otherwise it's cowardly.

I'm comfortable disagreeing with Hoop as he initiated the topic in a public forum, he made a comment about her denying him a photo and/or her approx location. The comment has a negative vibe in my view, I was not making an isolated comment without his knowledge, it was completely in context with his comments. I never said I didn't disagree with people angel eyes

I'm happy to keep discussing this comrade, so after your last word please send me a PM and we can stop boring everyone with our little conversation.

Storyteller
    Images

Never wanted to make any negative comment. Simply was responding to those asking about following her effort on a blog, etc., letting them know that might not be easy to do.

Again let me make it clear, I am wholeheartedly supportive of her effort. My story is not about her, or her hike. It is about speedhiking. I plan to include her views in the story, and all indications from Jennifer have been that she will be happy to talk about it when she is done.

I want to get photos of her to include because I don't think it would be fair to women in general for men to be the only ones portrayed in the story.

Anyhow, don't know yet if this means a change in her thoughts on being more cooperative while she is hiking, but I got an e-mail that I am pretty certain was sent out to many who had inquired about her effort that said:

On the trail...
    Be back in August!
    In the meantime feel free to check out our hiking blog at www.blueridgehikingco.com
    If you are a media representative, who is interested in finding out more about our time on the trail this summer, then please contact [email protected]
    Thanks and happy trails!

For what it is worth, I have heard she is sponsored by Salomon, (was told that by an endurance runner). Salomon is also repped by outside media.

Now enough discussion about my photos/story. Go Jennifer! Good luck.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    Is it just me or does this hike have a better vibe than the latest crop of speed hike attempts?
    It's just another through hike attempt by a 2000 miler and nothing to make a big fuss about. How long she wants it to last is entirely up to her. I hope she enjoys herself.
    Last edited by emerald; 06-18-2011 at 13:25.

Default Re

Regardless of anyone taking photos, videos, or interviews - she finishes in 50-52 days barring injury. Which is excellent.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Green View Post
    Regardless of anyone taking photos, videos, or interviews - she finishes in 50-52 days barring injury. Which is excellent.

Ryan
    I thought she was aiming for the 47 1/2 day men's record?
    Where does the 50-52 day goal come from?
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

Images

Apparently she is averaging 56 miles per day to start and departed in the last few days. Doubtless the Whites will slow that, but it sounds like she's setting a great pace so far. Exciting. I wish her well.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Serial Hiker
    Images

Is there a webpage you can share?
    Thanx
    perrito

684.4 down, 1507.6 to go.

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

Images

no, I don't think she is keeping one... my figures come from Warren Doyle who is a facebook friend and on her support team. According to him, she did the Kennebec this morning and has been doing 50+ miles a day... that would mean more than 200 miles so far (4 days).

Hoop - in case you did not hear about what happened to Nature Boy on the trail you should check it out. There are reasons she is keeping a low profile - primarily her personal safety - while doing the hike. Letting anyone know where she will be on a given day could cause her a problem. I think she is just being wisely cautious.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Default Speed record

Heard the parapackers have been providing low-level trail illumination not to mention keeping Warren Doyle well fed with fondue

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    no, I don't think she is keeping one... my figures come from Warren Doyle who is a facebook friend and on her support team. According to him, she did the Kennebec this morning and has been doing 50+ miles a day... that would mean more than 200 miles so far (4 days).
    Hmmm.. I'm supposed to take someone up to Gorham on Monday. Maybe we'll see her.

She has a twitter account; one tweet mentions that friends are posting here:
    http://twitter.com/#!/JenPharrDavis

Images

hoop has the right to ask jen for an interview and she has the right to deny his request. for someone to take hoops post and make a tropicana twister out of it is wrong. hoop was just giving his 2 cents on why she wasnt willing to help with his request[her rite] and from what i have read on here hoop was just answering someones question that was posted here on WB...cut the guy some slack....or did i miss something! i have been absent for some time.....

Images

Quote Originally Posted by nitewalker View Post
    hoop has the right to ask jen for an interview and she has the right to deny his request. for someone to take hoops post and make a tropicana twister out of it is wrong.
    I'm with you 100%, nitewalker. Not sure what stirs up such stuff. Unfortunate.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

I'll be in VT in 2 weeks but she'll be long gone by then. Oh well

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Armchair Hiker

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterHiker View Post
    She has a twitter account; one tweet mentions that friends are posting here:
    http://twitter.com/#!/JenPharrDavis

Good luck with following the twitter account. One post when she got started. Her business and I see the reason for not posting real time updates, but I wish she had built in a better system of updating her progress. Guess we will just have to wait for the book.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++