WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Backpackers Poetry Book

First I’d like to say that any and all profits from the following book are being donated to the PCTA.
    I thru hiked the AT in '07 as "Lunar" was retagged as "Day-Late" on the PCT.
    I have just published a book of classic poetry geared to backpackers , hikers, and adventure travelers called “Backpackers Poetry”. It contains a collection of poems written by famous poets gathered over several years for reading while I hiked which have been compiled into this book. Poets such as Robert Frost, William Service, Walt Whitman plus many, many more are included.
    I put this book together because I could not find a single good general poetry book to bring hiking – with poems geared to nature, adventure, etc.
    The book is available online at Amazon (see link) in either paperback or kindle format. It is also available at Barnes & noble in paperback and epub format.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_18?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=backpackers+poetry&sprefix=backpackers+po etry
    A search for “backpackers poety” should locate it if the link doesn’t work.
    Hope a few others enjoy this book and again it is for a cause dear to my heart - the PCT and long distance trails.
    Day-Late

How cool!

I'm pretty big into poetry myself. Had this been an Amazon Prime item I would have bought it right now. Instead I'm going to have to save up a bit more spare change.

Definitely adding to my wishlist though for the future. Thanks for the notice.
    The credit belong to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..."- Theodore Roosevelt

i would buy it if i had money because a hiker wrote it so it goes into a section of books buy guys i hiked with or heard of like rick mcinney and brian greiverson. but then you had to go and do three things i dont like. no offence, robert servise poems and me only get together once a year when minnesota smiths in town. i tolorate his poetry cause my hikin buddy loves him so i respect that. but inside i lothe the poetry he writes. lothe! and number two you ae selling on my hiking site, and number three its a book of allready wrote stuff instead of you bareing your innards and letting us see whats going on in there. i hope it sells good. im glad you wrote it. but not for me. thanks. i like amature new stuff from guys like me and you. never met a poem in a book i liked.
    matthewski

++ New Posts ++