WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default To Vamp or not to Vamp, that is the question...

I currently have a Eureka Solitaire that has served me well for several years. I have considered upgrading to something newer and lighter. I'm not an UL guy, but as I get older, a lighter load has some appeal to it. My 10 and 12 yr olds are getting into backpacking more and both want their own 1 man tent as well. My thought is to pickup a second Solitaire or a MSR Skinny so they will each have one, and picking up a new UL set up for me. SMD still has the whole Vamp set up for $160. I like the weight, and versitility of net, tarp, or both. Any thoughts on the Vamp, or suggestions on another set up? I've got about $200 that is available for a gear purchase. I familiar with most of the big names (BA, MSR, etc), and am not ready to commit to a tarp all of the time.
    Honor is the greatest gift a man can give himself.

Hike smarter, not harder.

Good sale. Or just pick up 2 Skyscape Scouts.
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

It's a nice tent. I received mine on the very day they announced the SkyScape. Now I've got a SkyScape on order (but they don't start shipping until July). I'll sell you my Vamp if you want. PM me if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by skinewmexico View Post
    Good sale. Or just pick up 2 Skyscape Scouts.
    That is what I was gonna say...

Looking forward to my trekker as well...
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

++ New Posts ++