WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default what ever happened to Ward Leonard ?

he was a legend in 1989 and up to about 95--then nothing heard about him. You used to hear his name and information about him about every other day. - every town I went thru voluntarily mentioned his name and about his doings...any one know what happened to him??? he could hike the trail faster than anyone else alive at that time---he felt no pain--went by me in a hail storm and didnt even slow down....pack must has weighed about 10 lbs..... was kicked out of most towns----he would not talk to me --said I was a member of the illinois moffia---nurse without a purse
    " Nurse Without a Purse"

Well he just got nominated to the AT Hall of Fame. Perhaps his bio will be on display this summer at the museum.

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    Well he just got nominated to the AT Hall of Fame. Perhaps his bio will be on display this summer at the museum.
    perhaps--the rumor was that he is institutionalized in winter and his parents give him money to live on the trail in summer time---- than there was a rumor that his parents home were right off the trail and that he murdered someone on the trail ( like he said he would) just wonder if there is any wild chance he will ever be on the trail again terrorizing hikers
    " Nurse Without a Purse"

ward has a mental illness. he's a good guy at heart. i've known him 22 years. he's murdered no one

Oh he's still on the trail. friend and i just met him on the mass-ct area just last week actually

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    ward has a mental illness. he's a good guy at heart. i've known him 22 years. he's murdered no one
    I have no idea of the recent facts. But I've met Ward, chatted with him. And respect Ward. Other than a habit of irritating other hikers, I agree with LW. Ward is a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    I have no idea of the recent facts. But I've met Ward, chatted with him. And respect Ward. Other than a habit of irritating other hikers, I agree with LW. Ward is a good guy.
    He says hes doing the area from vt-ct a few times. Nice guy filled with advice, as long as you be nice to him, he'll be nice to you simple human courtesy

Quote Originally Posted by stretche View Post
    He says hes doing the area from vt-ct a few times. Nice guy filled with advice, as long as you be nice to him, he'll be nice to you simple human courtesy
    ... ...could be he has changed is a great guy now--good to hear
    " Nurse Without a Purse"

++ New Posts ++