WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Another Ron Haven fan here. I can't imagine Ron being "shady" in the slightest! He's much more of a giver than a taker.

Images

I had a very good experience dealing with Ron Haven this past month on my relay hike that I ended in Franklin. He seemed like a very good man, and I disagree with the OP. I will deal with Ron again next time I am in Franklin. Wonderful experience.

The op, however, has been called-"troll, trolling trash, snide, disgruntled moron, clueless, sock puppet" among other things.

When all of you trash the op much the way in which he trashed Ron Haven, you have stooped to his level and this doesn't help your arguments that otherwise have merit.

And no, I don't know the OP. He is obviously mistaken or misinformed. Hopefully he can get his mind right with some rational dialogue here.

-pfann
    -pfann (Relay)

Images

He may have met the "wrong" Ron Haven. The real Ron would bend over backwards to help anyone, hiker or not.
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by cbhillier View Post
    Had great experience staying at Microtel. Folks at Three Eagles Outfitters were AWESOME. Even gave me a ride to/from the post office. AYCE pizza and salad bar at the Fun Factory is a good deal.

IMO, Ron Haven is shady. He tries too hard to make money off hikers. Watch your back when dealing with him - I had a bad experience.

Wolverine
    NOBO Thru-hiker

I believe you should provide details of your "bad" experience, and describe the individual you believe was Ron Haven.
    "If you don't know where you're going...any road will get you there."
    "He who's not busy living is busy dying"

Images

Ron has done more to help hikers in the Franklin area than any body else. The only folks I know who have any thing bad to say are people who tried to get something for nothing and Ron called them on it.

You weren't by chance the guy whose pack got a hole chewed in it by a mouse at a Georgia shelter, then tried to pass off the story that a mouse in the Budget Inn did the damage, are you?

I'm sure that guy didn't care for Ron either. The rest of us really appreciate the man for everything he does.
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

Images

Hey everyone, I have figured this out. The poster is really our friend Ron's wife (Hi Marcia!). Ron must have done something to tick her off and she is just getting him back! haha. Seriously, dude you are certainly entitled to your opinion but coming on here and saying something bad, without substantiation, about Ron, is like going to the Vatican and talking badly about the Pope.

I think the OP should provide his trailname so that all the other trail providers/lodging people know
    he/she is on the way !
    WALK ON

Had great experience staying at Microtel. Folks at Three Eagles Outfitters were AWESOME. Even gave me a ride to/from the post office. AYCE pizza and salad bar at the Fun Factory is a good deal.

IMO, Ron Haven is shady. He tries too hard to make money off hikers. Watch your back when dealing with him - I had a bad experience.

Wolverine
    NOBO Thru-hiker
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsy View Post
    I think the OP should provide his trailname so that all the other trail providers/lodging people know
    he/she is on the way !
    um.. woodsy? you feelin okay?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    um.. woodsy? you feelin okay?
    well...........he's always been a little slow

There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus! Monkeyboy's Avatar

I've never met a finer man on or off the trail.
    "Why is it a penny for your thoughts, but you always have to put your two cents in?"
    - Stephen Wright

Images

Quote Originally Posted by pfann View Post

The op, however, has been called-"troll, trolling trash, snide, disgruntled moron, clueless, sock puppet" among other things.

When all of you trash the op much the way in which he trashed Ron Haven, you have stooped to his level and this doesn't help your arguments that otherwise have merit.
    He is also a butt-wipe.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Images

Snicker.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

IMO, Ron Haven is shady. He tries too hard to make money off hikers. Watch your back when dealing with him
    Thems fightin words!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    He is also a butt-wipe.
    I gotta admit, this one made me laugh out loud!
    -pfann (Relay)

Images

And I didn't even have an argument of merit.

I got touchy that someone would come on here and bad mouth Ron Haven. Ron Haven is a blessing to hikers and everyone else.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Images

Thanks friends for the back up. Maybe he will come thru with the truth. As all of you know I make an announcement of services available on the way into town. I even say this ride is free whether you stay in my motels are not. Not just new stuff, it has always been that way.

As we got into town he demanded for me to take him to 3 eagles. I told him I made that run at 4pm. He kept acting like a little spoiles kid saying " I'm not staying in town, I just want my drop box at 3 eagles". I told him gas wasn't free. I go at 4pm.

He said" what if I pay you? Ok, give me $10 and I take you to 3 eagles. Maybe he don't realize gas is almost $4 a gallon here, plus time, When we get there he jumps out and only had $5.

I love it when a plan comes together. I thought it was just those 2 hikers in front of 3 eagles saw how he was acting but he announced it to the whole hiker world 'HERE' all by his self.

PS: if 3 eagles took him to the post office, I wonder why I saw him walking out Depot Street to the post office later in the day with his pack. Hmm, seems odd. Maybe he went back to the Microtel later.

he will be ok, it just take a little longer for some than it does others.

Ron, you continue to be a generous man.
    "You don't have to think fast if you move slow" Red Green

Images

Alligator, please don't close this thread. I don't mind him bashing me some. Personally, I think it is funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Haven View Post
    Alligator, please don't close this thread. I don't mind him bashing me some. Personally, I think it is funny...
    I figured you were having a chuckle all day.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

A couple of years ago at the April Fool thing RH refunded our money ($10?) without question when another guy and I told him that most of the food was gone as we approached the serving line, shovels in hand. Poor timing on our part, we shoulda got there earlier. Standup guy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++