WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Hiker Svcs in Franklin, NC

Had great experience staying at Microtel. Folks at Three Eagles Outfitters were AWESOME. Even gave me a ride to/from the post office. AYCE pizza and salad bar at the Fun Factory is a good deal.

IMO, Ron Haven is shady. He tries too hard to make money off hikers. Watch your back when dealing with him - I had a bad experience.

Wolverine
    NOBO Thru-hiker

First, Glad you had fun in Franklin!

Second, you are entitled to your opinions. Only in a perfect world will everybody like everybody. But, to come on here and call someone shady without any back up is just being a troll. Share you story and you may get some support, and if Ron did you wrong, he's a big man and on here quite a bit and would more than likely apologize.

But since we are JUST throwing out opinions, here mine. I think you should look at yourself before you point fingers. Ron is in business to make money... that's why its called a business and not a volunteer service, although I think he goes above and beyond what he should in alot of cases.

Again, provide back up to your claims or your just trolling.

Are you serious? You must have completely lost your mind. Ron Haven is one of the kindest, most honest people God ever put on this planet. He has driven up to winding stair in whiteout conditions to rescue hikers, put people up in his motels when they are down on their luck, and finds homeless families in his community and sticks with them until they are back on their feet. This i have seen with my own two eyes. I am HONORED and blessed beyond compare to be able to call him friend. And you, sir, are nothing but trolling trash.
    Last edited by kanga; 04-28-2011 at 11:33.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cbhillier View Post
    Had great experience staying at Microtel. Folks at Three Eagles Outfitters were AWESOME. Even gave me a ride to/from the post office. AYCE pizza and salad bar at the Fun Factory is a good deal.

IMO, Ron Haven is shady. He tries too hard to make money off hikers. Watch your back when dealing with him - I had a bad experience.

Wolverine
    NOBO Thru-hiker
    Coming on here and bad mouthing Ron Haven is NOT a good idea. If you had any idea of who you were talking about you would have never included shady in a sentence with Ron Haven.

Good for you that your experience was a good one in Franklin, but to come on here with no back up...explaining yourself as to why Ron is shady...leaves me to believe you have no clue what you are talking about.

Explain....ooo....and be warned for the arse chewing you are about to receive due to your snide comments!!!!!
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    Are you serious? You must have completely lost your mind. Ron Haven is one of the kindest, most honest people God ever put on this planet. He has driven up to winding stair in whiteout conditions to rescue hikers, put people up in his motels when they are down on their luck, and finds homeless families in his community and sticks with them until they are back on their feet. This i have seen with my own two eyes. I am HONORED and blessed beyond compare to be able to call him friend. And you, sir, are nothing but trolling trash.
    yeah.............what she said.......somebody has fed you bull**** for dinner

Images

Wolverine
    NOBO Thru-hiker
    wow.....you really know how to make an entrance....go crawl back under the rock you came from

Images

It will take a lot more than one disgruntled moron's opinion to damage Ron Haven's reputation.
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

Images

I have used Ron as a shuttle once. I did not find him shady. I can tell you he is full of stories. He used to be a pro wrestler (honestly). I called him for a shuttle and he said that he could do it but it would be cheaper if I called the Hike Inn. I thought that was pretty nice. Again he is trying to make a living.

Images

Wolverine
    NOBO Thru-hiker
    this statement alone tells me how clueless you are about what Ron does for hikers. Free shuttles from Winding stair to Franklin, around town, and charging hiker motel rates. What else do you want? Ron is a friend of mine and I, too, like Kanga am honored to have him in my life as a friend.
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

Git him Girls!
    What Kanga and Roots said!

Although I do agree Three Eagles is Great too.
    "You don't have to think fast if you move slow" Red Green

Must be a confused thru hiker, if you are one. You posted this in the Hiker Services "Georgia". Did you miss the state line?
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Images

Ron Haven Rocks!!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight; your tactics suck.

Images

First post and this is the best you can come here with? Don't try peeing on my leg and telling me it's raining. I smell a sock puppet.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Registered User Desert Reprobate's Avatar
    Images

You didn't by any chance ride with Ron in a red pickup at Dick's Creek near Hiawassee did you?

Images

You must be talking about a different Ron Haven than the one we know.

I don't know you, but you are prolly the shady one trying to get over on others. Won't work here.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Springer to Atkins, VA

Not my experience...I've used Ron's shuttle/motel several times....all with good experience...Ron was always helpful and went the extra mile to help.

Someone needs to pee on the OP's leg, ASAFP
    WALK ON

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Reprobate View Post
    You didn't by any chance ride with Ron in a red pickup at Dick's Creek near Hiawassee did you?
    Good question.

Very good question.

To the op; Ron Haven is a friend I'd trust with my life and I don't say that lightly.

Vague, drive-by accusations like your(first ever)post don't really influence people very much or cause them to form any bad opinions of anyone but you.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer View Post

Vague, drive-by accusations like your(first ever)post don't really influence people very much or cause them to form any bad opinions of anyone but you.
    Probably one of them hikers looking for everything for free
    WALK ON

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Reprobate View Post
    I think I see where you're going with this. Could explain it.
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++