WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default MOG Heine Cook Pot and Stove System Videos

I recently decided to make a heine cook pot and a stove system. just for play. But now that the entire set up is done, I must say that I am impressed. Everything weighs 2.7 oz! Wow.

Anyway, I have been working on it all day, and then doing the videos, taking pictures and writing it all up on my blog, so if you are interested, check it out and let me know what you think:

MYOG Heine Cook Pot & Stove System
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

Pretty cool set up. The only thing that seems a like a small nusance would be the tent stakes as I like to set up my shelter before I cook.

Bill,

I understand that. If I needed to, I wouldn't mind carrying 2 extra stakes. The stakes I use (Mountainfitter 7" Ti-Eye stakes) weigh 0.2 oz each so it is no big deal to carry extra if I need too. Anyway, the way it works out for me, my Lunar Duo requires 6 to pitch, but for bad weather I can add 4 more for extra tie downs. So, most of the time, I have 4 extra stakes that I am not using anyway. So, it is not a problem for me to pitch my tent and then use 2 extras to cook on.

But, if I wanted to add the weight of 2 extra stakes in with the total weight of this set-up, I would have to add 0.4 oz more (0.2 oz each) which would bring the total weight to 3.1 oz. IMO, still not to shabby...
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

I've used a Heine pot for several years with an Ion stove. I'm on my second can - my first one developed a pinhole leak. I use a faucet insulator for a cozy that does a great job protecting the pot in my pack.

At 3.1 oz total, there's nothing I want to change about this setup. Maybe I should stock up on more Heine cans though...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    Maybe I should stock up on more Heine cans though...
    Get them while you can. Word is, they've been discontinued and are replaced with standard looking cans. I haven't found any of the old ones around here.

Images

pretty cool
    If you find yourself in a fair fight; your tactics suck.

Yeah, they are hard to find around where I am, but I have heard some say that they still have them around. I have also noticed that Heine systems can be bought off of ebay.

Images

Looks like a good job.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Default Can

Maybe its time to buy a couple of cases, just in case, then drink it because you do not want it to go bad?

Good luck finding them!

++ New Posts ++