WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Journal Entries

Hello Folks. Got to KSC on Oct 10th and waited for my son. Lots of hikers were finishing their journey, so it was great to be there. Meet a bunch of real nice people, young and old. Moms and dads waiting for their kids, ( yes, you are still 'our kids' ). Meet a couple of park rangers that were very helpful, also some campers that were just getting away from it all for a day or 2. I spent over 6 hours in the camp ground, so I was just looking for information from everyone, thanks. My son hadn't shown up, so I started asking hikers if they had seen him. A few had seen him and thought he should have been down by now. I shared the whoopee pies, my wife had made, with the hikers and some of their friends. I saved 1 for the kid, it was the smallest 1. Offered some sodas, which they seemed to enjoyed. I know I wasn't invited, but this was a great party. Some hikers said he may have come down off Katahdin (what a great word ), on a different trail. I waited until dark and asked if anyone wanted a ride into town. A young couple from Cali rode down with me. It was great hearing about their journey. Got to the hotel and the boy and a couple of his trail mates had already showered ( man, that room still stunk ). They had come down the Razor's Edge trail and were in town 2 hours before me. Probably borin' the hell out of you, so I will stop. I will never forget this trip. Oh, gave myself a trail name, Hoss. Thanks for all the help here and there. Mike G.

Mike, we were there the day before you, just scouting for the last of our section hikes coming up (we hope) in the upcoming year. There was a dad, I assume, waiting for his kid to come down that day too--radio going, cooler in the back of his truck. Looked like he was having a good time. We enjoyed our day in the park, got lots of good photos and are really looking forward to doing this final section. Glad you found your son

Journal Entries

Thanks. I was worried because a hiker was asked if he had hiked the knife's edge and his reply was, "No way ". I saw the log that my son had signed in the morning and it said he left at 7:57 and was going to hike the Knife's edge. It got dark and I headed to town. He had traveled 2,180 miles and had been sleeping outdoors, so I hoped he would be okay. When I got to the hotel and he was there, I was very relieved. It was a great time for me. Hikers are amazing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++