WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

Default The Garmanhaus B&B

What sad news about the death in the Garmanhaus B&B family!!! Of course now with this sad event, the house is no longer a B&B. Does anyone know of any other places that offer hiker specials in the Boiling Springs area that may not be in the data book as i know the B&B used to offer $1 hiker tenting in their yard? I may have to just head to the loud, train infested backpackers campsite instead but before i add the miles to my day, wanted to make sure no one has heard lately of any places offering up cheap lodging to hikers in the area?

Thanks!

Images

I stayed there once. It was a really nice place. The kind of place that I would like to take my wife for a weekend. John was a really nice guy too.

Panzer

if you are referring to Boiling Springs Pa. you can get a great room for $40 ($20 pp) at the Allenberry resort. very nice clean comfortable and hiker friendly too. Rooms were $25 for hikers we heard until some idiots caused some trouble there.One of the best lodging values along the AT for hikers imo.

I 2nd the allenberry. In 2005 one of the owners picked us up in the poring rain and gave us a free room and set us up with left overs from a buffet (lobster ravioli!)

They are real friends to hikers!

Tom

yes, the allenberry is really nice. I cooled off in the pool on a really sweltering day. Had a great breakfast, too.

Images

Does the Allenberry do the hiker rate on a walk in basis or can you reserve with them? I'll be hiking through Boiling Springs in a few weeks and at the bargain rate it sounds a lot better than tenting near the railroad tracks.

Default not to mention...

and there's a hot tub! a luxury item i only experienced three times on the trail: the forks near caratunk, the allenberry, and hot springs of course! only the day i showed up, having anticipated this hot tub for 500 miles, it was being cleaned.

the allenberry, like other touristy towns in PA, is a resort a la Dirty Dancing! a must stop!

++ New Posts ++