WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Baxter opens for camping, Katahdin still closed 5/20

"Road conditions will allow the opening of Abol, Katahdin Stream, Daicey Pond, Kidney Pond, Russell Pond and South Branch Pond Campgrounds on Friday, May 20. Roaring Brook Campground will open to camping on Sunday, May 22. The Park Tote Road will be open from Togue Pond Gate to Foster Field and from Matagamon Gate to South Branch Pond. The Roaring Brook Road will open on Sunday, May 22. Chimney Pond, Roaring Brook, Trout Brook Farm and Nesowadnehunk Field Campgrounds remain closed. All trails above treeline remain closed. Check this site for daily updates and campground and trail openings as conditions improve."

http://www.baxterstateparkauthority.com/
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Baxter

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    "Road conditions will allow the opening of Abol, Katahdin Stream, Daicey Pond, Kidney Pond, Russell Pond and South Branch Pond Campgrounds on Friday, May 20. Roaring Brook Campground will open to camping on Sunday, May 22. The Park Tote Road will be open from Togue Pond Gate to Foster Field and from Matagamon Gate to South Branch Pond. The Roaring Brook Road will open on Sunday, May 22. Chimney Pond, Roaring Brook, Trout Brook Farm and Nesowadnehunk Field Campgrounds remain closed. All trails above treeline remain closed. Check this site for daily updates and campground and trail openings as conditions improve."url]http://www.baxterstateparkauthority.com/[/url]

Hope to get there in abt 5 years (as i continue my section hiking on my "20-year-plan")

hiking DWG NoBo to Kent,CT
    w/ "Piece O' Work"
    May 28-June 12
    see ya'll UP the trail!

"Jaybird"

GA-ME...
    "on-the-20-year-plan"

www.trailjournals.com/Jaybird2013

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

When do they think the trails will be passable? Like how much snow is up there? I was just curious.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    When do they think the trails will be passable? Like how much snow is up there? I was just curious.
    MATC is up on the Hunt Trail doing work, it won't open til they're done. There's still plenty of snow on the tableland and at Chimney Pond. I'll be up there Sunday > Wednesday, hope to learn more. We need clouds. Clouds eat snow.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    . We need clouds. Clouds eat snow.
    Could you please explain?

++ New Posts ++