WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default serious hiker alert

i called the cops on a hiker that was at back oven knob in pa , he is going by the name loan wolf , he said he had three warrents for his arrest , he said he was wanted for stealing and drugs and a parroll violation ,{ i cant spelll sorry } I did give him food and some gear before he told me this ....he has a sword and a meachette ....so yea I did call the cops and the amc , hes around 19 years old white guy 140 pounds , i hated calling the cops but i was worried cause he said he had warrents and he was bumming money and telling me how good he was at it ... Normally when i find poor ppl on the trail I help them and ask them to hike with me ...........so if you ever find a homeless hiker give them my e mail [email protected] I can and will help any one i can

Im sorry i cant type at all i meant to say he was at bake oven knob

loan wolf

the yin to lone wolf's yang

Quote Originally Posted by sherrill View Post
    loan wolf

the yin to lone wolf's yang
    he he he
    Don't take anything I say seriously... I certainly don't.

Registered User LoneRidgeRunner's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by medic mullins View Post
    i called the cops on a hiker that was at back oven knob in pa , he is going by the name loan wolf , he said he had three warrents for his arrest , he said he was wanted for stealing and drugs and a parroll violation ,{ i cant spelll sorry } I did give him food and some gear before he told me this ....he has a sword and a meachette ....so yea I did call the cops and the amc , hes around 19 years old white guy 140 pounds , i hated calling the cops but i was worried cause he said he had warrents and he was bumming money and telling me how good he was at it ... Normally when i find poor ppl on the trail I help them and ask them to hike with me ...........so if you ever find a homeless hiker give them my e mail [email protected] I can and will help any one i can
    It takes a real idiot to tell a stranger he has warrants on him and one is for stealing, and one is for drugs and one for parole violation..and since he's obviously a repeat criminal, is mentally disturbed (bragging about his warrants) AND carrying a sword and a machete he really needs to be somewhere besides on the trail, or any where in public.. Good job on calling the cops..

Registered User LoneRidgeRunner's Avatar
    Images

not to be confused with "Lone Wolf" of whiteblaze fame from Damascus, VA who is much older than 19 and probably heavier than 140 pounds and is a good dude...(don't agree with him on every thing but then who does agree with every one on all issues?) But he still isn't a criminal..

El Sordo
    Images

hmmm, has a familiar ring to it.
    Dyslexics Untie!

thank you for reading this , it worried my girlfriend alot , and worried me as well .
    just to be clear it is not the loan wolf from damacus its a differnt one , im from abingdon va 11 miles or so away from there and i have heard great things about loan wolf from there .I posted this thread in hope that it would just give hikers a heads up

Also its ok to disagree at times

blah blah blah
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Default toast / lone wolf

That's disappointing news. I shared the 501 Hilton with him 4/28-29. He was known then as "toast", but said he preferred "lone wolf" - an unfortunate choice given his nature. He appears to be distressed and is, apparently, drifting. Although I am skeptical of some of his claims (such as being an outlaw), I was cautious with my wallet. He is, more likely, an outcast. He said what he most needed was a hiking partner. He looked forlorn as he lay in his bunk in the morning while the rest of us were busy preparing our meals to get an early start on a long day. I also felt sorry for him and wished, in hindsight as I hiked, that I had found a way to 'reach out to him'. I hope he's well.

Images

I can vouch for Medics Claims here..... This dispatch from our local hiking club...

I received this alert information from the Appalachian Trail Conservancy, and then aditional information from the National Park service.
    Any members hiking on the Appalachian trail should be aware that there is a young male using the trail name "Lone Wolf" that has raised some alarm with hikers in our area and reportedly had a "disagreement" with the caretaker of the Eckville Hostel. Some out of state hikers encountered him recently in the Allentown Shelter and felt enough concern to contact the NPS. He is described as "dirty" and traveling with a large machete.
    He has not hurt anyone to the best of the knowledge of the NPS and ATC but they are advising caution if he is encountered.
    The US park ranger involved in this incident is requesting that he be contacted with an update on "Lone Wolf"'s location if you encounter him.
    His contact numbers are:
    Eric Barron
    U.S. Park Ranger
    Appalachian National Scenic Trail
    304-535-5093 (office)
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

Please feel free to contact me, Ranger Barron. Bill Kuhfuss 215-651-0488

interesting - I had stayed at the Mayor's House in Unionville NY last August, and the guys there were telling us that there had been an alert issued from NPS for a "hiker" calling himself "toast", and he had stolen gear from a few hikers, according to the report. If it is the same guy, then he's still evidently making the AT his hideaway.

i called the cops on a hiker that was at back oven knob in pa... I did give him food and some gear ..he has a sword and a meachette...Normally when i find poor ppl on the trail I help them and ask them to hike with me ...I can and will help any one i can
    Medic, hike your face off, have fun and thanks for taking action and posting info that keeps others safe.

(BTW, you’re OK in my book. Talking is good. Keep doing it. Thank you for your service.)

Images

Great job!: Trust your instincts, you are the only one there (and your GF) and it sounds like you have some sort of Social Work training. Best of luck on your hike and count this as one of positive experiences of hiking the AT. You may never know how much you may have help this person or others.

Thanks

M. Bird.

Guys i just heard a report that someone bought him gear , and he is still out there , so he was qustioned by the cops............why did he lie about being a out law ?

thanks guys for the nice words it really helped

what should i do here should i go back for him , i have some funds i can support him on the trail ,,,i feel like maybe god wants me to help ...

any ideas uys on how i can help him out ? safely

any ideas uys on how i can help him out ? safely
    no cash. gear and food only

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

I was warned of a "Toast" on my PA hike from two hikers that said he accosted them in their camp, waving his ax and was looking for money. The one hiker thought he was high on drugs. I heard he was staying then at Rausch Gap. Needless to say, I hiked on by that night. Supposedly he was headed to NJ to look for some kind of job, at least what the register said

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

. . . .he is still out there. . . .i have some funds i can support him on the trail. . . .
    Why would you? He's already proven himself to be a liar, obviously. Crap on him. He's a grown man so he can pay his own way and hike his own hike.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=347747

saw this today while browsing the journals in my area....big mention about this guy everyone is talking about....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++