WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Default Nature Boy Hiking Assaulted

Nature Boy Hiking was assaulted on the AT approximately two miles south of Waynesbore, Va on Monday night. He does not have a clue as to who did it. He was dragged out of his tent and beaten.

I bet someone here might know about what happened and If anyone has any info or questions about the incident you can contact Marc Cyr at 540-377-2270.

The COWARDS who did this probably found/followed him here or Facebook, etc.
    Someone will know or suspect who did this.
    Trash like this is not smart enough to not talk, or brag.
    When the hiking community identifies the privy-scum, they better hike fast to the Law and confess...

or don't go into the deep dark woods..

here there be dragons...
    "You don't have to think fast if you move slow" Red Green

Wait--two miles south of Waynesboro?

So he was just camped in the woods along the AT?
    Or was he camped in Rockfish Gap around all those sketchy dilapidated buildings?

This is sad news for the hiking community and for Waynesboro, but just like the assault of the Gumm Brothers in Damascus not too long ago--it was probably local white trash giving the wonderful community of Waynesboro a bad name.

TOW--do you have any more info on this incident or where exactly it took place?

I hope that Nature Boy is alright and finds this a minor error in his hike, god bless him.

Hope swift action is found

Images

Wow. I can actually not believe this- this is terrible. Nature Boy, I hope you are okay.
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )
    Various adventures in Siberia 2016
    Adventures past and present!
    (and maybe 2018 PCT NoBo)

Is this the same nature boy who does all those 40-mile per day speed hikes?

Either way I wish him a speedy recovery.

Sad that there are people like this, but I agree that it was most likely some local trash.
    "The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hands of man."

Images

It happened around mile 846. It is the same guy doing big milage and going for the record.

Mile 846 is the Glass Hollow Overlook, a dry campsite north of Humpback Rocks.
    There is another thread about him that on here, people are buzzing on it saying that the perpetrators called him by name, and knew where he was staying that night.
    Someone suggested that other hikers did this. I have hope in humanity that other hikers didn't do this...

What on earth would be a possible motivation to beat up on a hiker? I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by k.reynolds70 View Post
    Mile 846 is the Glass Hollow Overlook, a dry campsite north of Humpback Rocks.
    There is another thread about him that on here, people are buzzing on it saying that the perpetrators called him by name, and knew where he was staying that night.
    Someone suggested that other hikers did this. I have hope in humanity that other hikers didn't do this...
    This location is rather close to the road. My guess is that it was not a hiker, but rather someone who could easily get in a car and leave the scene quickly. Pure speculation, of course.

I hope Nature Boy heals quickly.
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

Images

Maybe we all chip in and build a reward pot to help find the scumbags responsible....
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

Images

If this was a "hiker" / hikers in this case, which I totally doubt, and I ran into them, they would be walking really funny with my Leki poles (yes, plural) up their butts, then staked to the ground, covered in honey and other hikers peanut butter, even the hungriest thru hikers would donate, and import army ants to have their way with them...............as sour as they would probably taste!

No, please, let me send you a bucket or two of these fine fire ants we have here. People beg for death after a bite or two. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl in FL View Post
    No, please, let me send you a bucket or two of these fine fire ants we have here. People beg for death after a bite or two. Trust me.
    You have that right. Many years ago, a friend and I climbed the fence at the Bama golf course and fished out golf balls with our toes from the pond on the old ninth fairway. When I put my shorts back on, I found that I'd put them down on a mound of fire ants in the dark...

Images

If he was indeed called out by name, then there's some doubt in my mind that he's entirely innocent. I don't know this guy and I don't know the full story, so I'd like to find out more before passing judgement.

I had read on FB that he was diagnosed with a concussion. He also had a CT scan and the results looked good, with time he should have a full recovery. His pace had him averaging about 40 miles per day. Let's hope hope Nature Boy can recover as fast as he hikes!
    Hiking is a buffet of walking.

Images

Probably some hick piece of *****. Someone whose life was so *****ty and uninteresting that they had to do this to make themselves feel better. This is why I never sleep within a mile of any road.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."

-Bob Dylan

Anyone who is attacked, especially a hiker in the total dark who can not defend themselves, needs justice to be done. I hope they find the attackers and they get long jail sentences. Time will tell, but the story seems somewhat odd because the attackers knew his name (is that the official report from Nature Boy?). Why that is needs to be understood, but Good luck to him.
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Quote Originally Posted by double d View Post
    Anyone who is attacked, especially a hiker in the total dark who can not defend themselves, needs justice to be done. I hope they find the attackers and they get long jail sentences. Time will tell, but the story seems somewhat odd because the attackers knew his name (is that the official report from Nature Boy?). Why that is needs to be understood, but Good luck to him.

Well, if he was going for the record, there MIGHT have been some loal media reports about him.

99.9999% of all rural folks (northern or southern) are as good or better than their suburban and urban counterparts.

But I can imagine a few folks from "the other part" who heard about NB's attempt for the record, decided that "nature boy" must be a euphemism for "socilaist tree-hugging queer" and went to look for him.

pardon the typing. There is no "edit" function on this forum is there?

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++