WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View Poll Results: Attending Billville Feed and Fun

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Attending as helper all weekend

8 44.44%
  • Attending as helper Saturday only

1 5.56%
  • Attending for the food and fun

1 5.56%
  • Not attending

8 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
    Images

Default Billville Earwigs

I just heard my wife screaming down stairs in the kitchen. I ran down to find that one of those earwigs things had cornered my wife. I had to kill it and throw it outside. sheeese.

It came out of my "kitchen Tupperware container" that I took to the feed. dam

Panzer

earwigs: giving a bad name to good campers...
    Last edited by Panzer1; 07-11-2011 at 20:52.

PANZER,

I guess U did not find that black snake I stuck in your gear box....LOL

Thanks, Jack. And ditto to the thanks to the class of 2011 who helped in the kitchen and to my daughter and Mtn. Rose who also spent a ridiculous amount of time in the kitchen. And thanks to the class of 2010 members who came to help. They were the graveyard shift who did a lot on Friday nght to get ready for the Big A$$ Breakfast on Saturday. And thanks to Little Bird who challenged herself to be in the kitchen for every shift and not sleep any more than I did. She almost succeeded at the Trailangelmary challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Just got back from Duncannon. Mary and her crew (mostly 2011 people) knocked themselves out.....great times,great weekend, thanks to everyone who attended and to those who helped out in any way. Big thank you to so many local folks, Duncannon businesses, Pat and Vicki at the Doyle, etc. who all helped out in all sorts of ways, and as always, to Jester's Mom (who really needs to be running a bakery). The 2011 hikers are really a great group of people and it was wonderful to be able to spend time with some of them again.

BILLVILLE WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THOSE WHO DONATED TO MAKE THIS EVENT POSSIBLE

TRIANGELMARY’S TOWNIE FRIENDS: Punch & Tammy, Carol Simpson, Kevin Dodson, Tim & Keel & Keel’s Mom, Laurie Brenneman, John Daum, Karen Allen.
    DUNCANNON BUSINESSES: Mutzabaugh’s Market, Linda Britcher The Pub, Lisa Garcia Sorrento's, Duncannon Legion Post 340, Doyle Hotel
    TRAIL FAMILY: Walkin’ Home, Pat O’Donnell, Ez, Trailangelmary, Sue Grace, Jester2000,Can Do Will Do, Dotter, Triple Crowner JB, Ray Sterner ,Bag “o” Tricks, One, Oldhiker, Cowhead, Digger, Matt Bornman & Shermansdale Church, Ray & Charleen Sterner, Chickenwing & Mtn Rose, MoMike, Bookworm, Jeff (formerly known as Newb), Cat Lady & Over the Edge, Hoop Time & Cookie Monster, Roots, Supermax

And all the Billville members in attendance who helped to treat the class of 2011 to a great time!

DUNCANNON APPLICATION DEADLINE TO BECOME AN OFFICIAL AT COMMUNITY IS SEPTEMBER 1

Organizations, groups, OR INDIVIDUALS interested in providing the Borough with letters of support for the A.T. Community application should submit them to FRED LAUSTER at the Borough Office (428 N. High St., Duncannon) and address the letter to:
    Appalachian Trail Conservancy
    Mid-Atlantic Regional Office
    4 East 1st St.
    Boiling Springs, PA 17007

SAMPLE LETTER
    Dear Trail Partners:
    It is my great pleasure to support the application of Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania to be
    designated an Appalachian Trail Community. From the time I first learned of the AT
    Community program, I have felt that Boiling Springs was a natural to be so designated.
    The village of Boiling Springs and the surrounding municipality of South Middleton Township
    have been great partners with our Club over the years. They have stood shoulder to shoulder
    with us in our efforts to protect the precious green strip that we call the Appalachian Trail.
    We've received support from the municipal leaders as well as several other local organizations.
    Boiling Springs has the honor to be one of a small number of towns through which the Trail
    passes directly. But it can equally be said that the AT is lucky to pass through the town of
    Boiling Springs. AT hikers frequently tell us of the unexpected pleasure they experience
    walking on the gravel path along Childrens Lake as kids feed the ducks and anglers try to catch a
    big one. As a recent thru-hiker of the AT, I can tell you that Boiling Springs is well known for
    its hospitality and friendliness to strangers who pass through town.
    One of the best parts of hiking the entire AT was experiencing the wonderful trail towns along
    the way. We at CVATC are lucky to have one of the best right here in our backyard!!
    Sincerely yours,

Default Trail Community Sample Letter

4 East 1st St.

RE: Trail Community Designation

Dear Trail Partners:

It is my great pleasure to support the application of Duncannon, Pennsylvania to be
    designated an Appalachian Trail Community. From the time I first learned of the AT
    Community program, I have felt that Duncannon was worthy and deserving of such a designation. The town of Duncannon and the surrounding area have been great partners and supporters of the Appalachian Trail and its various trail clubs. The Government and the people of Duncannon have made great effort to protect the precious green strip that we call the Appalachian Trail, and to provide trail users with a quality experience

Duncannon also has the honor of being one of a small number of towns through which the Trail passes directly. But it can equally be said that the AT is lucky to pass through the town of Duncannon, PA. AT hikers frequently report of the unexpected pleasure they experience walking Market Street in Duncannon. As a hiker and supporter of the AT, I can tell you that Duncannon is well known for its hospitality and friendliness to strangers who pass through this exceptional town. One of the best parts of hiking the AT is experiencing the wonderful trail towns along the way. It is my personal opinion that Duncannon and the Appalachian Trail share a common bond, that is, they both benefit from each other’s existence. It is therefore my opinion that Duncannon should be so designated as an “Appalachian Trail Community”.

Sincerely yours,

DUNCANNON APPLICATION DEADLINE TO BECOME AN OFFICIAL AT COMMUNITY IS SEPTEMBER 1

Organizations, groups, OR INDIVIDUALS interested in providing the Borough with letters of support for the A.T. Community application should submit them to FRED LAUSTER at the Borough Office (428 N. High St., Duncannon) and address the letter to:
    4 East 1st St.
    or email letter to [email protected]

copy to me if you choose email because Fred doesn't check his email regularly. I will print and deliver to him.

Finally straightening out back porch since feed. It's getting done because I don't want to lose anything if the winds get high. So all the paper ware is gathered into one tub and inside. Go here to see what we have left for another year.

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    BILLVILLE WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THOSE WHO DONATED TO MAKE THIS EVENT POSSIBLE

TRIANGELMARY’S TOWNIE FRIENDS: Punch & Tammy, Carol Simpson, Kevin Dodson, Tim & Keel & Keel’s Mom, Laurie Brenneman, John Daum, Karen Allen.
    DUNCANNON BUSINESSES: Mutzabaugh’s Market, Linda Britcher The Pub, Lisa Garcia Sorrento's, Duncannon Legion Post 340, Doyle Hotel
    TRAIL FAMILY: Walkin’ Home, Pat O’Donnell, Ez, Trailangelmary, Sue Grace, Jester2000,Can Do Will Do, Dotter, Triple Crowner JB, Ray Sterner ,Bag “o” Tricks, One, Oldhiker, Cowhead, Digger, Matt Bornman & Shermansdale Church, Ray & Charleen Sterner, Chickenwing & Mtn Rose, MoMike, Bookworm, Jeff (formerly known as Newb), Cat Lady & Over the Edge, Hoop Time & Cookie Monster, Roots, Supermax

And all the Billville members in attendance who helped to treat the class of 2011 to a great time!

Dont forget that Thimble helped you count your supplies. Just saying.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by birchy View Post
    AT hikers frequently report of the unexpected pleasure they experience walking Market Street in Duncannon.
    Market St is the official blue blaze alternate route, not AT proper. Blue Blazes Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Market St is the official blue blaze alternate route, not AT proper. Blue Blazes Rock!
    You bet Sly. The Doyle, The Pub, Sorrrentos, my apartment, post office, Sled works (where they sell local artists products and antiques now and used to make Lightning Guiders - They have some gigantic ones on display) and 3-B's Ice Cream. A small cone is 2 1/2 dips. You can't get a large in a cone, only in a dish!

Yep, Jeff. Thanks to both of you for helping me while you were in town. You were the muscle and she was the brains!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
++ New Posts ++