WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View Poll Results: Attending Billville Feed and Fun

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Attending as helper all weekend

8 44.44%
  • Attending as helper Saturday only

1 5.56%
  • Attending for the food and fun

1 5.56%
  • Not attending

8 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default 2011 Billville Hiker Feed & Fun

The dates this year are July 8,9,10. Duncannon, PA. Preparing food starts July 5. Transport everything to park on Thursday evening July 7. Sunday July 10 must have park cleaner than we found it by noon (because that is how we roll!). More details to follow.
    Last edited by trailangelmary; 06-01-2011 at 03:44. Reason: clarification

when hikers arrive at the feed, small lightweight strong casts are applied to their elboes makeing them not able to bend. then, they are seated at long tables accross from one another. they are unable to bend their elbos , so they cant feed themselves. some hikers begin feeding the hiker across from them. others do the same. soon , some hikers are dropping dead from not eating. we use these for the hog farm. when they are all fed to the hogs, whats left are the good hikers. this is the point at witch we searve dessert. on sunday morning, when the bacon exspolsions are searved, we make sure there are no eyeballs or lekki pole tips sticking out. each year we purify our ranks in this way. so, if you plan on attending, and your a selfless lover of others, you should be fine.

oh, and mary has qooties.
    matthewski

Default donations for feed

Thank you to Walkin' Home for the first donation of $100. This will go towards the fee to rent the park which is $150. The other largest expense is the pig - $200-$275. You can mail your donations to Mary Parry 2 Ann St. Duncannon, PA 17020.
    Wish list for the menu will be posted later. I already have a committment for a case of eggs and a committment from Sorrentos.
    Last edited by trailangelmary; 06-07-2011 at 08:11. Reason: correct info

Default Entertainment

Traditionally Sue Grace and whomever is available to play with her has committed to entertain us with great music on Saturday evening. Some of you may remember Sue as a regular (2 x weekly) playing at the Doyle Hotel. She has occupied much of her time presently at the Perry County Farmer's Market as a vendor selling her crafts and blesses us with her tunes when she is there. I love Sue and Bucky too.

Default Food Donations

I have a committment from a local friend who will donate some of the eggs required for the wish list - 10 dozen! They are local and FRESH!

Default Fun, Games

Tricks, are you reading this? I am couning on you to do your usual and bring lots of equipment for games to occupy and entertain the hikers! Let me know.

Default Help during the feed and fun

This year my goal is to have every Billville member attending to help, to arrive and sign up in the kitchen for the meal they will work in the kitchen - preparation to clean up! Please help Mary have the ability to take a nap and her be assured the job will be finished!
    Yes, Maty, I am trying to avoid my tension level rising and therefore me yelling!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    The dates this year are July 8,9,10. Duncannon, PA. Preparing food starts July 5. Transport everything to park on Thursday evening July 7. Sunday July 10 must have park cleaner than we found it by noon (because that is how we roll!). More details to follow.
    This preparation start date is later than usual. If you can be in Duncannon come to my apartment and help!!!!!!!!

Journal Entries

I'll try to help Mary with stuff again. It's a long trip but let me see if I can make it and take some inventory out of my warehouse.
    YOUTUBE: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMDkRcGP1yP20SOD-oiSGcQ
    Instagram: DIGGER_PCT_2016
    twitter: @takethisbread
    AT 2x, LT, JMT, CT, Camino, Ireland Coast to Coast, HWT, WT, NET, NST, PCT

Quote Originally Posted by takethisbread View Post
    I'll try to help Mary with stuff again. It's a long trip but let me see if I can make it and take some inventory out of my warehouse.
    Thanks Digger. Also you forgot to get your coffee grinder when you were here for the Duncannon 24.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    Thanks Digger. Also you forgot to get your coffee grinder when you were here for the Duncannon 24.
    I was extraordinarily drunk, wet and tired. Sorry.
    YOUTUBE: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMDkRcGP1yP20SOD-oiSGcQ
    Instagram: DIGGER_PCT_2016
    twitter: @takethisbread
    AT 2x, LT, JMT, CT, Camino, Ireland Coast to Coast, HWT, WT, NET, NST, PCT

Quote Originally Posted by takethisbread View Post
    I was extraordinarily drunk, wet and tired. Sorry.
    LMAO!!! I'll keep it safe for you. Can I use the coffee maker of yours I also have for the feed?

mare, got the bville corny popster?ill bring the popcorn and salt.it needs oil.cant count on me for that.but will try.
    matthewski

if duncannon was a hiker, it would be matthewski
    if trail angel mary was a food, it would be all the cotton candy in the world with the kids attatched.
    if pat and miss vicky was an island, it would have pinapples and coconuts and cherrys
    if if peters mountain was an ice cream, it would be chocolate, and my weirdo spot would be the cherry on top.
    if the sussquhana was a woman, she would be a humble yet powerful indian princess warrior in love with matthewski
    if the ballfeild full of laughter and hikers were a candybar, it would be lemon chocolate marshmallo gooseberry supreem.
    if rm 23 was heaven,..............it is.
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    mare, got the bville corny popster?ill bring the popcorn and salt.it needs oil.cant count on me for that.but will try.
    Yes, Matty. Your popcorn maker is here. What!! No butter for the popcorn!!!!!

Default Menu Wish List

MENU WISH LIST
    Thursday Evening - Surprise awesome meal for helpers
    Friday morning - coffee
    Friday afternoon as hikers arrive - Hot dog/hot sausage/chorizo etc. bar with FF
    Friday Evening - Meatball Pasta with salad
    Late night snack -fresh popcorn
    Saturday Morning - Big A$$ Billville Breakfast with bacon explosion, scrapple, scrambled eggs, pancakes, home fries, coffee, oj,
    Saturday afternoon - Pig Roast with all the fixin's including cole slaw, baked beans, baked corn, green bean casserole, deviled and pickled eggs, potato-vegetable salad,desserts
    Saturday Evening - Soup bar
    Late night snack -leftovers and fresh popcorn
    Sunday morning - Sausage gravy and biscuits and lots of fruit, coffee
    ALL WEEKEND - cold beverages

Mary, my Mother and I would like to help, we live outside Shippensburg, what can we do, except make 40lbs of her famous Pasta Salad ?

Quote Originally Posted by birchy View Post
    Mary, my Mother and I would like to help, we live outside Shippensburg, what can we do, except make 40lbs of her famous Pasta Salad ?
    40 lbs of pasta salad. That is a great donation. I will add that to the Saturday midday meal. Thank You. Will you be coming for the weekend or just one day? The big day is Saturday with (besides the food) games and entertainment. Lots of help will be needed all day in the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by birchy View Post
    It would be worth the drive from Florida to see Mattski and birchy together.

The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Default Donation

I have a confirmed donation from Linda Britcher of the Pub in Duncannon for the meatballs. Thanks, Linda

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++