WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Thumbs up Palmerton!

I loved this town.

Palmerton Rocks! Got a ride in by a local within 2 seconds of sticking my thumb out and we got a shuttle out by a trail angel who was able to tell us all sorts of history and about the area mountains.
    The Jailhouse Hostel is top notch...especially the water pressure!
    Another nice thing about the hostel is how close it is to everything.
    Free apple at the grocery store and the locals were all aeger to talk and were very friendly. Someone is missing out by not opening an outfitter in this town.
    "Going to the woods is going home" - John Muir

"Only by going alone in silence, without baggage, can one truely get into the heart of the wilderness" - John Muir

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ramble~On View Post
    Someone is missing out by not opening an outfitter in this town.
    Why don't you finance it if you think it's a no-brainer? You and shelterleopard should have right at it. There's no time like the present!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    Why don't you finance it if you think it's a no-brainer? You and shelterleopard should have right at it. There's no time like the present!
    Hey- just because I criticize an outfitter I find inadequate doesn't mean I think all of them are, or that I'd run one really well! No bitterness, emerald.

Images

And I do not wish to revive our conversation from before Emerald- I'm in no mood for an argument today!

Images

So sorry to hear you are not in the mood. My wish for you shelterleopard is for you to complete the A.T. and then do what A.T. volunteers have done for others around the world who are inspired by the dream of becoming an A.T. 2000 miler.

I hope you will experience the ingratitude too. You flatter yourself to think I'd be interested in an online argument with a troll. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do.

Images

So sorry to hear you are not in the mood. My wish for you shelterleopard is for you to complete the A.T. and then do what A.T. volunteers have done for others around the world who are inspired by the dream of becoming an A.T. 2000 miler.

I hope you will experience the ingratitude too. You flatter yourself to think I'd be interested in an online argument with a troll. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do.
    Emerald- why do you keep putting my name in bold? You clearly are interested in an argument, and I'm not. It'd be great if you let our argument rest and please stop bringing it up. Who's the real troll, Emerald?

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Palmerton was one of my fav town stops in '07. We weren't going to stop there, so it was a pleasant surprise.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Images

Who's the Troll?

Jeez, Emerald, you tell a young prospective thru-hiker your good wishes for herself and her trip, etc.......and then in the same post you call her names.

That's kind of a mixed message, no?

Quite frankly, I've read lots of posts by both of you, and when it comes to stirring things up, using strong speech, making personal comments, and being deliberately provocative in order to score Internet points.....well, sorry, but it ain't Shelter Leopard that's been doing it.

Images

Thanks very much Jack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++