WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Some dumb ass amish killed one amile and a half from my home in north east mo.the cons. dept said it was geneticly linked to a population in south dakota. The rumor is that conservation dept from other states are working together to repopulte these animals ,but maintaining the deniability factor. I have seen a game camera photo that plainly shows a tracking collar.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Snowleopard View Post
    Since this thread has resurfaced, the Connecticut mountain lion did get its DNA tested and it was genetically from the northern midwest population. In fact, DNA testing found that that specific lion was seen en route (I think in the Adirondacks).
    The Greenwich mountain lion came from the Black Hills in South Dakota and was first sighted in Minnesota.

He went out for a walk looking for a territory or a lady cat and went a little too far...
    ~Trudging the road of happy destiny~

Somewhere in the wilds of Western Massachusetts
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by canoehead View Post
    A couple of years ago our neighbors horse was attacked & scratched up by one here in Chesterfield, MA. I also worked as a Ridgerunner for the AMC on the AT in the Sages Ravine area and saw one down near Jug End Rd. Last fall. They're here and have been for awhile now.
    I'm also in WMass.....posted in another thread on big cats here.
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...66#post1506466
    Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
    Chief Seattle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++