WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Salisbury,Ct to Kent, CT?

Hi, Does anyone know of bus service or taxi that would get me fron Salisbury,CT to Kent,CT? We need a ride to the trail in Kent i 2 weeks.
    Thanks,
    Greg

Last year, when I did a section that ended in Kent, I used Pawling Train Station Taxi (845) 855-9800 to shuttle me to to my start point in NY. The rate was $3-ish per mile at the time.

There is a guy in Kent who will shuttle--check in with the Kent Town Hall for his info. I don't have his contact info, but the First Selectman gave me the details at the time.

To the comments I've seen on this board about Kent not being hiker-friendly, my experience was completely different. I found the town employees to be kindness personified.
    Sometimes I feel like I am walking in my own shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by tlap View Post
    To the comments I've seen on this board about Kent not being hiker-friendly, my experience was completely different. I found the town employees to be kindness personified.
    Its not that Kent isn't hiker friendly, its just wicked expensive. But that's true of all the towns in CT along the AT.

As for getting a ride back to Kent, there are a couple of people who put up hikers in thier homes in Salisbury, they may know of someone who can suttle. Or bring a big intertube and auqua blaze down the Housatonic. That could be fun
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Its not that Kent isn't hiker friendly, its just wicked expensive. But that's true of all the towns in CT along the AT.
    What a lot of thrus don't know is that Canaan village, a working class town, is just 5 miles east of the AT's crossing of Rt. 44 in Salisbury. Has a Stop and Shop supermarket, a Subway and a McDonald's, among other things. IMO this would likely be the most affordable resupply option between I-84 in New York and Pittsfield, Mass. The towns right along the trail are post and pricey, true, but Canaan, a mere stone's throw away, is much more reasonable.

Salisbury is a great, friendly town, and I like it alot, but there is a less pricey option nearby.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

++ New Posts ++