WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Old Fart's Opinion

Just a voice from the slow side. I run trails most days. Usually 3 miles total, sometimes 4 if I'm feeling frisky. Don't need T shirts, trophies or adulation. I run for me, at my pace, by myself, except for my dog. Mostly I run the Bartram with a few other N.Ga trails thrown in for diversity. I can appreciate competition and record setting, but as somebody famous once said, "The faster you go, the less you see." Oh yea, I will be 70 tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Plain Pete View Post
    Just a voice from the slow side. I run trails most days. Usually 3 miles total, sometimes 4 if I'm feeling frisky. Don't need T shirts, trophies or adulation. I run for me, at my pace, by myself, except for my dog. Mostly I run the Bartram with a few other N.Ga trails thrown in for diversity. I can appreciate competition and record setting, but as somebody famous once said, "The faster you go, the less you see." Oh yea, I will be 70 tomorrow.
    Happy Birthday my friend!
    Don't Die Before You've Had A Chance To Live!

Just outstanding. Others of sedentary lifestyle should take note and emmulate some of what you do. And happy birthday to you, sir.

Images

Happy Birthday Pete. Keep running the trails. I hope to be as fit as you at that age!
    skinny d

Wow, awesome! I had an old guy cheer me on during one of my early attempts at trail running. Made me feel good and hopeful. Hopeful maybe someday I'll be in as good a shape as him.

I go pretty slow, too and don't need to win any awards. I would like to run an ultra someday but not to race it, just do see if I can do it.
    Some knew me as Piper, others as just Diane.
    I hiked the PCT: Mexico to Mt. Shasta, 2008. Santa Barbara to Canada, 2009.

++ New Posts ++