WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Do not change what is not broken

Please go back to the old WAY..... it was just fine

For what it's worth, I also think the old set-up was both easier on the eye and easier to access and read current or recent threads so one could immediately pick out what one wished to read or perhaps respond to. Being fairly computer illiterate, I have to say that if some of the recent changes were made to upgrade various systems on the website (i.e. more storage of data, etc.) then I'm all for it. If the upgrades were intended to make the site more user-friendly, I'm not sure they succeeded, tho I'd sure like to see comments from other folks.

LOL... I feel that way about Facebook. Many times software updates not only change the look but patch security holes and make the website less vulnerable to hacking. In a few days, once we get used to it and the are bugs taken care of, it will be fine.

Change is abrasive...get over it

Change is inevitable. Usually something we (or at least I) liked is lost but overall, it can still be positive. I'm still getting used to the ne WB but I like it. And it forces us to use our brains/minds to learn; isn't that a good thing? (having just said that, I tried to affix a face symbol but it's not working).

Re. Facebook, they never announce their changes - it just happens. Some make sense, some don't.

It looks a little different, but that's just something that I'll get used to eventually. No big deal at all as far as I'm concerned. All the functionality is still there, it just looks a little different.

I'm guessing that the upgrade really helps on the back end of the site, making it run smoother, and is easier to operate for the admins. That's a good thing.
    Don't take anything I say seriously... I certainly don't.

Images

That Facebook Icon is right over the top of the login name box. It makes it pretty hard to log in.

lol...I'm so computerate illiterate. I am travelling with a laptop that I just bought (my first laptop). I just assumed the difference was in my laptop vs. my home PC. I'm unsure about the changes but enjoy the site and trust whomever's in charge to must the best decisions (and that's not a phrase I commonly use either!).

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    For what it's worth, I also think the old set-up was both easier on the eye and easier to access and read current or recent threads so one could immediately pick out what one wished to read or perhaps respond to. Being fairly computer illiterate, I have to say that if some of the recent changes were made to upgrade various systems on the website (i.e. more storage of data, etc.) then I'm all for it. If the upgrades were intended to make the site more user-friendly, I'm not sure they succeeded, tho I'd sure like to see comments from other folks.
    +1 I can understand upgrades for security and such, but the old look was much better.
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    For what it's worth, I also think the old set-up was both easier on the eye and easier to access and read current or recent threads so one could immediately pick out what one wished to read or perhaps respond to.
    I was almost blinded by the new color. The white (on my computer) just pops out way too much. Is there a way we can change the colors in settings?
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

Can we at least darken the green? Otherwise, I can get used to change.

Flip flop, flip flopping' LASHin' 2000 miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

I like the new look. Very clean. I mourn the loss of the User CP link where I always had quick access to my subscribed threads. I wish that Quick Links menu item was consistently on every page ... Otherwise, I'm adapting to it.
    L Dog
    AT 2000 Miler
    The Laughing Dog Blog
    https://lighterpack.com/r/38fgjt
    "The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." - John Muir

There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus! Monkeyboy's Avatar

Pages load extremely slow.
    The neon green is too bright, as well.
    "Why is it a penny for your thoughts, but you always have to put your two cents in?"
    - Stephen Wright

Not all change is good. I agree the new color scheme is a bit rough on the eyes and not having the "new posts" button on the home page is a bit of a pain. But over all the pages look a bit "crisper".
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyboy View Post
    Pages load extremely slow.
    The neon green is too bright, as well.
    Yesterday there was an option at the bottom of the page to change color schemes. Maybe five options.

It's not there today.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Not all change is good. I agree the new color scheme is a bit rough on the eyes and not having the "new posts" button on the home page is a bit of a pain. But over all the pages look a bit "crisper".
    There is a new post button on the homepage. It's on the left underneath your username and when you last posted.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

We're hikers. Adapt to what is.
    Simple is good.

The new colors really hurt my eyes. It's really hard to read the site now. And there's a bunch of logos (facebook?) all stacked underneath some text at the top of the page. I don't know what that's supposed to be. By the way, I use the built-in browser in eclipse so I think I'm using Internet Explorer, but I'm not sure. I've tried to make eclipse use Firefox but it sure behaves more like IE.
    Some knew me as Piper, others as just Diane.
    I hiked the PCT: Mexico to Mt. Shasta, 2008. Santa Barbara to Canada, 2009.

Lordy, lordy, all these changes........

Flashback to a bunch of old cotton wearin' hikers. I can hear them sayin' "This microfiber stuff will never catch on".

Quote Originally Posted by ChillyWilly View Post
    I like the new look. Very clean. I mourn the loss of the User CP link where I always had quick access to my subscribed threads. I wish that Quick Links menu item was consistently on every page ... Otherwise, I'm adapting to it.
    I think you can get to your subscribed threads by clicking the "Settings" button at the top right side, next to the "Log Out" button.

P.S. You can only see this button when you're logged in.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++