WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Article: Re-Supply Along the AT - Part 5, Hanover NH to Monson Maine

AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

I really like what Baltimore Jack had written in 07' as it really defined the whole resupply issue. It is one thing to see a grocery indicated on the Thru Hikers Companion, but another to hear about it from others to verify that the supplies are adequate. ONE THING I have noticed is that the printout versus the updates that attrol had done does not match.

Images

Grateful you included Aquone Hostel for resupply, pick-up at Wayah, Burningtown & Telico Gaps, we are here: www.aquonecabins.com/at.html

Part 1, Sprinter MT to Damascus VA
    Where is "Sprinter MT?" If you mean "Springer Mt" that's a pretty blatant typo. I'd suggest "Springer Mt, GA" to keep a level of conformity. Springer MT to Damascus VA could mean Springer, Montana. (Just my 2 cents.)

BTW, thanks for the detail. It's very helpful.

The Fontana post office has cut its hours way back: 11:45 to 3:45 p.m. Monday through Friday, closed weekends. I've never heard of such hours at a p.o, but that's what I was told when I called a week or two ago to confirm its hours in preparation for a mail drop for my loop hike next month on the AT and Benton Mackaye from Big Creek to Fontana to Big Creek. It's always a good idea to confirm hours before planning mail drops, especially now that postal volume has plunged and cuts are being made - after all, hardly anyone sends snail mail anymore except for corporations pumping out junk mail. My neighborhood p.o. closed a year or two ago with little fanfare and apparently no protest from anyone. Sending packages by UPS to hiker-friendly businesses near the AT is looking better and better.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xrayextra View Post
    Where is "Sprinter MT?" If you mean "Springer Mt" that's a pretty blatant typo. I'd suggest "Springer Mt, GA" to keep a level of conformity. Springer MT to Damascus VA could mean Springer, Montana. (Just my 2 cents.)

BTW, thanks for the detail. It's very helpful.
    Actually if you want to get technical the proper Abbreviation would be SPRINGER Mtn. Just Sayin
    I start out the Day with nothing and by the end of the Day I still have most of it.

Default Appalachian Trail Outfitters

Quote Originally Posted by turtle fast View Post
    I really like what Baltimore Jack had written in 07' as it really defined the whole resupply issue. It is one thing to see a grocery indicated on the Thru Hikers Companion, but another to hear about it from others to verify that the supplies are adequate. ONE THING I have noticed is that the printout versus the updates that attrol had done does not match.
    Also here's a in depth list of Appalachian Trail Outfitters.

Son Driven
    Journal Entries

Please check out www.SonDriven.com Currently operating out of the Troutdale Baptist church hostel. We are using shopify that utilizes state of the art security. Use promo code Now Open at check out, until July, 1 2015 and receive a 15% discount. Son Driven will ship to any postal address.

++ New Posts ++