WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Anyone ever remember Camp 7?

I had a solo (1+) Camp 7 Cowcatcher, used it in New Mexico in 1983. Wish I had kept it...Anyone else heard of Camp 7 before they went away?

Yes, I fondly remember Camp 7. I had two of their bags, one for -5*F and one for 15*F. Yeah, I bought them when the advice was to buy a bag good for the coldest temperatures you would ever expect.

I used them for a while, but they were too warm for summer, and they eventually ended up stored in the attic. About 20 years later, when I became interested in camping/backpacking again, I still had them. And they were still too warm for summer.

I eventually donated them to the local Homeless Veteran organization as a Vet could probably find good use for them in our Midwest Winters.

They were a fine set of bags, well made. But heavy because of the approximately 600 down fill used back then. They were fine for snow camping.

Info on Camp 7 here :
    http://www.oregonphotos.com/Alp-Sport1.html
    Franco

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Info on Camp 7 here :
    http://www.oregonphotos.com/Alp-Sport1.html
    Franco
    Appreciate that Franco, takes me back a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Yes, I fondly remember Camp 7. I had two of their bags, one for -5*F and one for 15*F. Yeah, I bought them when the advice was to buy a bag good for the coldest temperatures you would ever expect.

I used them for a while, but they were too warm for summer, and they eventually ended up stored in the attic. About 20 years later, when I became interested in camping/backpacking again, I still had them. And they were still too warm for summer.

I eventually donated them to the local Homeless Veteran organization as a Vet could probably find good use for them in our Midwest Winters.

They were a fine set of bags, well made. But heavy because of the approximately 600 down fill used back then. They were fine for snow camping.
    Hey there Rocketman,
    I had the Camp 7 cowcatcher, a 1+ solo tent, a lightweight for it's time. 2 hoops, one taller for the head and torso area and a second smaller hoop near the feet. The tent used 2 stakes at feet and then you could pull the tent taught towards the head and a single stake at the fly's point, no guys that I remember.

++ New Posts ++