WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Temp. on Georgia AT in early September.

Going from Springer to Deep Gap first week of September. Could anyone with experience estimate day time and night time temperatures.

Images

Calling on MountainShuttler for a weather forecast
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Quote Originally Posted by JesterFSU View Post
    Going from Springer to Deep Gap first week of September. Could anyone with experience estimate day time and night time temperatures.
    60's to 80's daytime and 35's to 50's nightime.
    Don't Die Before You've Had A Chance To Live!

Thanks for the info.

heaven.......
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Registered User Mountain Shuttler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Calling on MountainShuttler for a weather forecast
    I'm sorry city boy,I've actually been out experiencing some of that terrible heat & drought that you & so many other know-it-alls predicted for July in GA on here recently. BTW,it rained again at Neel Gap this afternoon and was 67 degrees when I was up there at 5 PM. I was also there on the afternoon of July 3rd and it was an unbearable 80 degrees with no rain that day. Me & Pirate had another good laugh today about all you weather "experts" from places outside the mountains!

First week in September is still summer weather from my experiences. But a cold front or threatening tropical storm is a game changer. Just keep an eye on the long range weather forecast and plan accordingly. Happy hiking.

Woods Hole water is dry. Slaughter creek is barely dripping. No water between Neal and Hogpen. Tray mtn shelter water is barely dripping. There are spots where water is stressed but you can get water if you are patient at most places as of 7/6.It may not change much between now and then but need to get an update closer in. Georgia water spots can be limited in the summer so beware of reports not updated on a daily basis. Hope you have a great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by HiKen2011 View Post
    60's to 80's daytime and 35's to 50's nightime.
    I think Hiken2011 hit the nail on the head. Be prepared for hot/humid and darned chilly. I would lean towards warmer temps but I have seen some darned chilly early September nights as well. Feel free to send me a PM closer to your hike and I might be able to narrow the spread down a bit. Water can be a concern in early September too. Often the seasonal sources don't begin running again until late in the month.

++ New Posts ++