Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 50's Age Group

I'm doing that exact hike this year and next. I'm doing Springer to Harpers Ferry this year....second half next year. I'll be eligible for Medicare/Medicaid two weeks into my hike. You figure it out. 50s...no sweat.

Hey Dee, I am 57 and I'm planning on leaving Springer close to mid April..... Taking that Midnight Train to Georgia! COME ON DOWN!...

Journal Entries

I turn 57 this year and have worked all my life, I have the fortunate opportunity to retire this year so I am going for a hike or two. I'll start SOBO or NOBO I haven't yet decided and go until I get tired and if I do not finish I'll pick up where I leave off later. I am not in a hurry anymore.
    I start out the Day with nothing and by the end of the Day I still have most of it.

I will b turning 50 on the trail ...yikes! Gettg old!

Quote Originally Posted by DeeHiker View Post
    i have section hiked some of the AT from Springer...3 days out there in 08. I truly want to try and hike half of it and then the other half the next year. I'm second guessing myself because I'm in my 50's. I'm in great shape and I've always hiked and spent alot of time camping and in the outdoors. Are any of you hiking the AT in your 50"s?
    1 more year,just one more year to go ,then I can hike like the big boys and girls do...with cane and blue hair

wow....so many great responses. I'm sure we've all been encouraged by some of these posts...lots of good advice too. Thank you. Hope to go ahead and retire and get out there May 2013 and do what I can...probably will split it up. I love my 50's!!!!!

Good luck!! Believe in yourself and you will accomplish it!

I don`t realize I`m in my 50`s (51) until asked. Realized I have the opportunity of time right now so doing a thru hike this year. Bit out of shape, have never worn a backpack till recently, have only even camped out maybe once since high school, but ready to go. Really looking forward to hiking and not having to think about stopping and turning around.

Default Enjoy your hike

Quote Originally Posted by DeeHiker View Post
    i have section hiked some of the AT from Springer...3 days out there in 08. I truly want to try and hike half of it and then the other half the next year. I'm second guessing myself because I'm in my 50's. I'm in great shape and I've always hiked and spent alot of time camping and in the outdoors. Are any of you hiking the AT in your 50"s?
    My friend and I hiked Georgia last year, and we actually passed up some of the young men, because we were determined! I'm thinking of doing another section this year after I get laid off June 1.

Images

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

I think it's Ben Franklin, but not sure.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
++ New Posts ++