WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default No More Grocery Store in Johnson, VT

Yikes! Just found out the Grand Union Family Market store in Johnson, VT was destroyed in a flood recently. Bummer. Might want to consider other re-supply options.

The Post Office is still intact.

Thanks for that useful info. I guess the next choice at that point on the trail would be Morrisville.

When I called, one of the town clerks mentioned that Morrisville is where everyone in town was driving to go shopping.

Morristown/Morrisville has much more than Johnson did. There's a Price-Chopper, a natural foods store right next door (along with McDonalds) and a Hannifords and laundry on the other side of the strip mall. Rock art brewery is a must if you've got the time.

There is also a small sporting goods store and a couple little restaurants in the village which is a mile or two south of the intersection of VT routes 15 and 100S.

It is about 7-8 miles past Johnson, but usually an easy hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCountryWoods View Post
    Morristown/Morrisville has much more than Johnson did. There's a Price-Chopper, a natural foods store right next door (along with McDonalds) and a Hannifords and laundry on the other side of the strip mall. Rock art brewery is a must if you've got the time.

There is also a small sporting goods store and a couple little restaurants in the village which is a mile or two south of the intersection of VT routes 15 and 100S.

It is about 7-8 miles past Johnson, but usually an easy hitch.
    There is a gas station with a convenience store about .5 mi W of Johnson (closer to LT) and a hardware/camping store 1 mi W of Johnson. I did a maildrop to Johnson PO.

The library there is a couple of minutes away from P.O. and gives people free internet access (there are only 4 computers, but these seemed to be enough).

Quote Originally Posted by nehiker View Post
    There is a gas station with a convenience store about .5 mi W of Johnson (closer to LT) and a hardware/camping store 1 mi W of Johnson. I did a maildrop to Johnson PO.

The library there is a couple of minutes away from P.O. and gives people free internet access (there are only 4 computers, but these seemed to be enough).
    Yeah, the gas station is a Jolley mart...not much for a decent resupply tho.

Does Johnson Farm and Garden have much in the way of supplies? I've been meaning to stop in there to see what they've got, but haven't had a chance. If you could give a description that would be helpful.

I also would think the Johnson mail drop would be easier than the hitch to Morrisville, but that's just me.

There's a natural food market diagonally across the street from the Grand Union Plaza...but I can never remember the name.

++ New Posts ++