WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Images

A guy went up Snowbird Mt. a couple of years ago and fell off somewhere, he died, I remember hearing it on the news or something. I'm not sure if it was in the AT or not, but it would be close if it wasn't.
    can't never did

Images

I have fallen on sheet ice on the Bartram trail climbing Mt Rabin, it was hard too.
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Images

I've slipped and fallen off of small cliffs in the White Mtns. I think the longest fall was 10 or 12 feet. It was raining and very windy. I've also been knocked over by wind gusts on the ridgelines. It can be deadly on the AT through the Whites if the weather conditions are really bad. Fortunately I never got seriously hurt in any of my falls over the years, but I easily could have. Use caution and don't be afraid of turning back!
    Mobilis in Mobili

Thanks for the discussion yall. I would not hike scary places alone, I would team up. Also, I would team up where ever a bear had been spotted. We have predators where I live, but not bears. Don't think I have a negative attitude or am borrowing trouble. I am one who simply thinks ahead, educates myself on everything I can think of and tries to avoid potential problems. THEN I go with the flow and chill. Just the way my brain works.
    Formerly known as Texas Phlox.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++